And we're back!

Main Menu

20 Worst Foods in USA

Started by 11B4V, June 06, 2012, 02:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 06, 2012, 03:19:38 AM
Get a room you two.

Infantry made me break into my cookie stash with his horrible, taunting pictures. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Sophie Scholl

I hate those lists.  The substitutes are usually totally different.  "Want a chocolate chip cookie?  Have a banana!"  "Want a hamburger?  Have a salad!"  If they offered comparable alternatives I'd believe they had some value other than simply promoting shock and awe over the incredibly unhealthy aspects of certain food options.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

merithyn

Quote from: 11B4V on June 06, 2012, 03:16:25 AM
Here's a flip side.

http://eatthis.menshealth.com/slideshow/20-surprising-healthy-restaurant-foods

The only thing on this list I'd go out of my way for was the Wendy's frosty. The rest is still just too many calories and far too fatty to make me comfortable.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Brazen

These lists make me hungry, as does watching shows like Man vs. Food. I put on a pound a day during one of my trips to the States :mmm:

11B4V

Quote from: merithyn on June 06, 2012, 04:12:50 AM
Here's a flip side.

The only thing on this list I'd go out of my way for was the Wendy's frosty. The rest is still just too many calories and far too fatty to make me comfortable.

You got that straight. I was surprised it was on there.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

11B4V

garbon

Here's a flip side.

Nothing on that list is surprising or shocking. If I get the smallest, blandest items, that's healthier! :o
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on June 06, 2012, 03:59:46 AM
I hate those lists.  The substitutes are usually totally different.  "Want a chocolate chip cookie?  Have a banana!"  "Want a hamburger?  Have a salad!"  If they offered comparable alternatives I'd believe they had some value other than simply promoting shock and awe over the incredibly unhealthy aspects of certain food options.
Not always.  I remember one of those lists listed large Quizzno's Classic Italian sandwich as one of the worst foods.  The healthy alternative was a small Quizzno's Classic Italian sandwich.   :lmfao:

DGuller

Here's a flip side.

BK Stacker for the win. :yeah:  If Single Stacker is a healthy food, then Triple Stacker is thrice as healthy. :w00t:

MadImmortalMan

No way I could eat any of those things in their entirety. It's either a to go box or half of it gets tossed. I have always found it amusing to watch some lady ordering a tuna sandwich because she's on a diet. The things are usually like a pound of mayo.

Also, you don't go to a Chicago-style pizza place and order a thin crust, retard.  ;)
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

DGuller

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 06, 2012, 11:54:39 AM
Also, you don't go to a Chicago-style pizza place and order a thin crust, retard.  ;)
If you order a Chicago-style pizza, you're probably already deep in the retard category.

Queequeg

Quote from: DGuller on June 06, 2012, 11:59:45 AM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 06, 2012, 11:54:39 AM
If you order a Chicago-style pizza, you're probably already deep in the retard category.
It is one of the city's greatest contributions to world culture.   :mad:
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Admiral Yi

Chicago's greatest contribution to world culture is Fallen Catholic Girls.