So apparently I tried to buy an XBox last week in Pittsburgh

Started by MadImmortalMan, June 05, 2012, 12:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on June 05, 2012, 04:19:11 PM
Believe it or not it is still against the law to kneecap someone because they owe you money - even if you really do owe them money. :o

You must be joking.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 05, 2012, 04:27:03 PM
kneecap the prosecutor.

No shit.  He's obviously Canadian, since no Italian prosecutor would ever say such things.  :lol:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on June 05, 2012, 04:33:56 PM
Believe it or not it is still against the law to kneecap someone because they owe you money - even if you really do owe them money. :o

You must be joking.

What do you expect, BB's self-righteousness to somehow dissipate?

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 05, 2012, 05:05:36 PM

You must be joking.

Tell you what, I'll let you kneecap me any day.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on June 05, 2012, 07:30:56 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 05, 2012, 05:05:36 PM

You must be joking.

Tell you what, I'll let you kneecap me any day.

As long as nobody else knows.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

DontSayBanana

Quote from: derspiess on June 05, 2012, 02:31:14 PM
I would have definitely noticed the difference, yes.  Plus I would have had to sign two different tabs, which also would have raised a flag with me ;)

When I called Jillian's, I kept asking for the manager to show me a copy of the $68 check with my signature on it, and he just played dumb & said they don't keep those.  Riiight.

Awesome.  Another trick you can do is that they actually don't keep credit card receipts... but you'd better believe the bank's got every one logged from their nightly drop.  You ask to contact their bank, and if they refuse, threaten a police report, and they'll get in a real giving mood, real fast.  There's always a cashier or someone that fudges things on card swipes, so nobody's going to want auditors going charge-by-charge in a criminal investigation.
Experience bij!

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on June 05, 2012, 04:07:45 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 05, 2012, 04:04:12 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 05, 2012, 03:14:54 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 05, 2012, 03:08:02 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 05, 2012, 02:36:39 PM
Quote from: The Brain on June 05, 2012, 02:33:09 PM
Cash? WTF

Actual, tactile and tangible legal tender for all debts public and private has not failed anyone for over 10,000 years. 
Conversely, the concept of imaginary currency is the principle reason our economies are as fucked up as they are.

And you're going to WTF me?

People have also loaned each other money for a long time.

Yeah, but when I loan it to you, I have the means to collect.  Namely by kneecapping you with a metal softball bat.
Don't have that ability with financial institutions and their amorphous, made-up invisi-money bullshit.

Funny, what you call debt collection I call extortion...

In his hypothetical he was only collecting money that I had borrowed but refused to pay back...not money that he decided was his. :P

I prosecuted a guy for this in Whitehorse.  Beat a guy up because he owed him money (which he did), but was shocked when I upped the charge to extortion.   :cool:

Say, you didn't happen to do this while he was, I dunno, unrepresented by counsel, did you?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on June 06, 2012, 12:06:52 AM
Cash? WTF

Actual, tactile and tangible legal tender for all debts public and private has not failed anyone for over 10,000 years. 
Conversely, the concept of imaginary currency is the principle reason our economies are as fucked up as they are.

Yeah, but when I loan it to you, I have the means to collect.  Namely by kneecapping you with a metal softball bat.
Don't have that ability with financial institutions and their amorphous, made-up invisi-money bullshit.

In his hypothetical he was only collecting money that I had borrowed but refused to pay back...not money that he decided was his. :P

I prosecuted a guy for this in Whitehorse.  Beat a guy up because he owed him money (which he did), but was shocked when I upped the charge to extortion.   :cool:

Say, you didn't happen to do this while he was, I dunno, unrepresented by counsel, did you?

I can not recall.  It would make no difference in any event. :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ideologue

Quote from: Barrister on June 06, 2012, 01:13:25 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on June 06, 2012, 12:06:52 AM
Cash? WTF

I can not recall.  It would make no difference in any event. :cool:

Dirty pool, mister. :P

Nah, it's fine.  I mainly just wanted to piss off Yi.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Cash? WTF

Whatever Ron Paul
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."