News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Tropico 3

Started by Razgovory, June 05, 2012, 01:11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Thinking of Picking up Tropico 3 for about 15 bucks on Steam.  Comes with the ad on.  Haven't played a city simulator in a while.  Is it worth it?  I know some folks here have played it.  Should I just go for Tropico 4 instead which is more expensive and doesn't run as well.  I've heard that Tropico 4 is really just more of the same.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

The rumor is that the steam summer sale is June 25th-ish. Might want to wait, unless it is already heavily discounted.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

I find that Tropico 3 doesn't have a lot of meat to it.  You'll play it for a little while, but that's about it.  It's not exactly a Civ game when it comes to replay value.

Razgovory

Ah, okay.  I was just looking for something mildly diverting and cheap while I save up for a new PC (which gets harder and harder when I have to give my brother cash).
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017