Stupid question from a stupid person

Started by Darth Wagtaros, June 03, 2012, 06:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Monoriu

Quote from: Jaron on June 03, 2012, 10:26:15 PM
Youtube is banned in China. :w00t:

I can watch Youtube with no problem in HK.  China has its own version of video sharing network (I think there are a couple in fact).  Pretty sure the household fixing stuff isn't banned  :P

11B4V

Quote from: 11B4V on June 03, 2012, 10:24:11 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on June 03, 2012, 10:21:20 PM
I'll either have to glue it to the wall, or hire someone to do it.  The first option isn't desirable because it will fall off quite easily.  I have zero confidence in my ability to screw holes in ceramic tiles without damaging them.  As a matter of fact I don't have any tools to do that.

You Tube is your friend doing simple household shit like that.

Use the CdM option then.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Monoriu

I just spent US$65 to hire someone to clear two clogged sinks.  My wife and I tried a variety of ways to fix them without success.  I wish I knew how to do this myself  :Embarrass:

Monoriu

Quote from: 11B4V on June 03, 2012, 10:29:29 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 03, 2012, 10:24:11 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on June 03, 2012, 10:21:20 PM
I'll either have to glue it to the wall, or hire someone to do it.  The first option isn't desirable because it will fall off quite easily.  I have zero confidence in my ability to screw holes in ceramic tiles without damaging them.  As a matter of fact I don't have any tools to do that.

You Tube is your friend doing simple household shit like that.

Use the CdM option then.

There is no way I have that much space in the toilet. 

Caliga

Quote from: Monoriu on June 03, 2012, 10:31:36 PM
I just spent US$65 to hire someone to clear two clogged sinks.  My wife and I tried a variety of ways to fix them without success.  I wish I knew how to do this myself  :Embarrass:
What did you try?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Monoriu

Quote from: Caliga on June 04, 2012, 05:43:49 AM
What did you try?

1. Plunger.
2. Chemical warfare. 

11B4V

Quote from: Monoriu on June 04, 2012, 05:54:26 AM
What did you try?

1. Plunger.
2. Chemical warfare.

Was the sink it self clogged? (wall to sink drain.) Normally it's in the "j"-tube or some people call it a trap. That's easy to fix.
http://www.homeownercare.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/sink-trap-water-vent-system-in-house.jpg

Or was it further back in, where the pipes enter the wall?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on June 03, 2012, 09:38:27 PM
Just sit the toilet paper on the counter.  It's right there.

Especially since the one built into the wall is always too fucking low so you have to bend your knees and side to grab it and then still yank twice what you need.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

What did you try?

Liquid Prummer.

Monoriu

Quote from: 11B4V on June 04, 2012, 06:09:51 AM

Was the sink it self clogged? (wall to sink drain.) Normally it's in the "j"-tube or some people call it a trap. That's easy to fix.
http://www.homeownercare.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/sink-trap-water-vent-system-in-house.jpg

Or was it further back in, where the pipes enter the wall?

I have no idea.  All I know is that water is going down the drain at an unsatisfactory speed. 

Darth Wagtaros

No, you'd have to stand up and walk a few feet to  the counter. 

If I have to ask about using a stud or an anchor I sure as hell am not gonna be sawing through drywall for a recessed holder.
PDH!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 04, 2012, 06:40:49 AM
No, you'd have to stand up and walk a few feet to  the counter. 

Your shitter isn't near the sink counter? What do you do, play racquetball in there?

If you don't want to have to turn around to grab it off the tank, can you at least leave it on the edge of the tub?

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

11B4V