Jamestown, Let's Not Starve to Death: An English Colonization AAR

Started by sbr, June 03, 2012, 01:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on June 05, 2012, 03:20:32 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 05, 2012, 03:16:14 PM
I'm waiting for the AAR for Oregon Trail, people.  16-bitards.

We have already done that.  Jaron or Ed Anger did it I think.

J-Dawg did that I think.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tonitrus

Quote from: Habbaku on June 05, 2012, 06:52:05 PM
Haters gonna hate.

In CdM's honor, I am considering a Languish-themed old-school X-COM: UFO Defense AAR.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

Hey sbr:

Is there some trick to making the GOG site work?  I was motivated by your gripping AAR to download the game, but when I click add to cart and/or sign up I get Jack.  Done.  Clickclickclick.  Done. 

Took a look at Steam but they didn't have this game or Civ II available.

Habbaku

Yi, make sure you don't have a pop-up blocker on when you do that.  Buying a game from Gog.com requires you to register and you may be missing the account-registration log-in/set-up pop-up.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Habbaku on June 06, 2012, 10:03:33 PM
Yi, make sure you don't have a pop-up blocker on when you do that.  Buying a game from Gog.com requires you to register and you may be missing the account-registration log-in/set-up pop-up.

Thanks, but still no go.  Turned off the blocker and I get no pop up.

Habbaku

Hm.  Try a different browser?  I use Chrome and it works great.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

Interestingly that's the exact same recommendation the dude at the InTrade help desk gave me.  And I'll give you the exact same response I gave him, which was it has reached the point in the process where it's no longer worth the effort.

sbr

I can't think of anything Yi and I dont have time to get on my pc to play around this morning. I can look this afternoon.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 07, 2012, 12:54:48 AM
Interestingly that's the exact same recommendation the dude at the InTrade help desk gave me.  And I'll give you the exact same response I gave him, which was it has reached the point in the process where it's no longer worth the effort.

Are you at least using IE8? :unsure:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Alexandru H.

You can play Free Col.... it's a cleaned up version of the original Colonization, with better graphics and several repairs... and you can even play with the Portuguese or the Russians.

sbr

I had some problems with freecol, don't remember what now but it was enough to put me off the game.

grumbler

Quote from: sbr on June 07, 2012, 10:46:27 AM
I had some problems with freecol, don't remember what now but it was enough to put me off the game.

Ditto.  As I remember it, Freecol broke some important things, like trade routes, and I gave up after two or three tries.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!