And we're back!

Main Menu

Did You Cheat in School?

Started by Admiral Yi, May 31, 2012, 05:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We don't need no stinkin' question.

Yes, I cheated to improve my own grade.
9 (24.3%)
Yes, I helped others to improve their grade.
8 (21.6%)
I saw others cheat but turned a blind eye.
13 (35.1%)
I turned in others I saw cheating.
3 (8.1%)
I never saw anyone cheat.
4 (10.8%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Ideologue

Outside of some vague memories of doing some shit like secretly opening my textbook or looking at other kids' answers in elementary school, I've never cheated.

That said, I did do some business writing research papers for stupid people.  I still say that's not cheating.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

It's threads like this that make me miss Dorsey4Heisman.  :blush:

Camerus

Quote from: Monoriu on May 31, 2012, 08:46:01 PM
No.  I did reasonably well at school, so there was no need to cheat.  Cheaters face expulsion from school.  There was no way it would be worth it.

This.

Martinus

I helped others - I guess that would fall under option 2. Never had to cheat to help myself.

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on May 31, 2012, 06:07:48 PM
Quote from: katmai on May 31, 2012, 06:07:10 PM
Public School, Catholic School, Private School, back to Public School and Finally Homeschooled before entering College at 15.
Is this because you moved around a lot?

Does Katmai look like a person who moves around a lot? Perhaps he *was moved* but that's about it.

Josquius

Never anything major, such stuff is super super serious in the UK.
Everyone does it once in a while in class though. Meh.
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

I don't know the situation right now, but when I was at school, pretty much all exams were memorization tests (I don't remember having an open book exam at all until college) so I guess that contributed to cheating. I have (had?) very good memory so this was never a problem for me, but I know other people struggled.

I never had a problem with helping others as long as it didn't directly endanger me (e.g. I didn't let people plagiarise my essays and the like as I could get into trouble with my own marks because of that) - I guess I grew up during a simpler, better time when school was not a rat race yet.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on June 01, 2012, 02:56:14 AM
Never anything major, such stuff is super super serious in the UK.
Everyone does it once in a while in class though. Meh.
]

Schizophrenic much Squeeze?

Syt

Saw others cheat and didn't tell. I never found it necessary to cheat (or actually work much at school) to be an A student.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Sure. I made up numbers for a major science project, copied homework, participated in group efforts that were supposed to be solo, etc. I never *needed* to cheat, but if the opportunity to avoid work came up, I'd take it.  :blush:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Brazen

I drew a trigonometry triangle reminder on the inside of my pencil case  :(

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on June 01, 2012, 02:49:04 AM
I helped others - I guess that would fall under option 2. Never had to cheat to help myself.

Homework for blow jobs is how it started, huh?

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2012, 05:36:07 AM
Quote from: Martinus on June 01, 2012, 02:49:04 AM

Homework for blow jobs is how it started, huh?

Nah. I never worked for others - I'm too lazy for that (I have a school friend who later came out as gay who actually did write homework for other people). But I didn't mind giving people answers during tests etc.

Iormlund

Both of the first apply. We stole a chemistry exam once, which somehow everyone got a hold of.

Of course, they found out we had done so, because some moron told his or her parents. They couldn't prove who did it, though, and nobody who knew snitched. Not even the teacher, who was smart enough to understand exactly how we did it.

The exam itself was the most hilarious thing ever. We had to fight not to laugh out loud. We also tried to keep it somewhat believable, making arithmetic mistakes and such. A couple guys managed to fail in the process, to everyone else's amusement.

In the end, I ended learning quite a bit memorizing that exam, so I managed to pass easily when a new exam took place.