And we're back!

Main Menu

French Presidential Election

Started by Zoupa, April 10, 2012, 10:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 18, 2012, 01:36:55 PM
Heh, he said "Wiener Blut".

The ad says "More courage for our Viennese Blood. Too much strangeness isn't good for anyone." He won 27% in those elections.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on May 18, 2012, 02:10:46 PM
The ad says "More courage for our Viennese Blood. Too much strangeness isn't good for anyone." He won 27% in those elections.

Fucking Austrians.  There's a reason they made the best Nazis.

Martinus

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on May 17, 2012, 03:52:30 PM

My favourite:  Manuel Valls, Interior minister, a.k.a le Sarko de gauche :)

Woof, he could minister to my interior. Or break my eggs to make an omelette, as it were.  :ph34r:

The Larch

A guy named Manuel Valls? I guess we have a 5th column in the French Government then...  :ph34r:

Edit: Fuck, he was even born in Barcelona!

CountDeMoney

mongers

I rather like the look of the woman who isn't offically France's first lady:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Fireblade

What the fuck, are you fags seriously salivating over that dude? He looks like your average greaseball Eurotrash fuck with greasy hair, an iPhone filled with stupid ass techno, and a pocket full of roofies he just bought from Achmed the Algerian.  :yuk:

Ancient Demon

Quote from: Fireblade on May 18, 2012, 11:03:52 PM
What the fuck, are you fags seriously salivating over that dude? He looks like your average greaseball Eurotrash fuck with greasy hair, an iPhone filled with stupid ass techno, and a pocket full of roofies he just bought from Achmed the Algerian.  :yuk:

Agreed. I don't find him attractive at all.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Zoupa

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 06, 2012, 03:30:41 PM
My fears--aside from the Euronomic fuck-up--is that France will downshift several gears when it comes to an aggressive foreign policy

There you go, mmkay?

France's Hollande Doesn't Rule Out Military Intervention In Syria

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20120529-711349.html

QuotePARIS (Dow Jones)--French President Francois Hollande refused Tuesday to rule out military intervention in Syria under United Nations mandate to free the country from the regime of Bashar al-Assad.

"A military intervention is not to be ruled out under condition that it is led in the respect of international law, that is to say after a deliberation of the [U.N.] Security Council," Hollande said in an interview on France 2 state television.

Syria's international isolation deepened on Tuesday as several Western countries said they were expelling Syrian diplomats in a coordinated response to the killing of 108 civilians last week in a single attack.

The flurry of announcements from the U.S., U.K., Australia, Canada, France, Germany, and some other European countries came as Kofi Annan, the special envoy on Syria, met with Assad, in an effort to salvage a U.N.-backed peace plan that was shattered last Friday with the brutal assault on Houla.

Neil

Fuck.  I was hoping I could trust the left to keep their fucking noses out of Syria.

Then again, the French left and right have always had pretty close policies when it comes to their old empire.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Zoupa on May 29, 2012, 07:33:47 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 06, 2012, 03:30:41 PM
My fears--aside from the Euronomic fuck-up--is that France will downshift several gears when it comes to an aggressive foreign policy

There you go, mmkay?

Now that's what I'm talking about, Pierre.  :frog: :frog: :frog:

Thing is, as Neil has intimated, would it be different if it weren't the Levant?

Zoupa

Sykes-Picot. We can't do it all, ya know. That's your job now.  ;)