News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New Jersey---WTF is wrong with you?

Started by MadImmortalMan, May 29, 2012, 07:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Trying to start the zombie apocalypse early I guess.

Police: Hackensack Man Stabbed Himself, Threw His Skin And Intestines At Officers
Wild Scene Ends With Responding Cops Giving Way To Bergen SWAT Team
May 29, 2012 5:58 PM

HACKENSACK, N.J. (CBSNewYork/AP) – A man who stabbed himself and threw pieces of his skin and intestines at police officers trying to subdue him was hospitalized in critical condition on Monday, authorities said.

Officers encountered 43-year-old Wayne Carter on Sunday morning when they responded to reports of a man barricaded in a room in Hackensack and threatening to harm himself, Lt. John Heinemann said.

Two officers kicked in the door and saw Carter in a corner, holding a knife in his hand, police said. Carter, ignoring the officers' orders to drop the knife, stood up and stabbed himself in the abdomen, legs and neck, they said.

Carter yelled at the officers and took an aggressive stance, and the officers used pepper spray in a bid to subdue him, but it had no effect, Heinemann said.

Police said that Carter then cut off pieces of his skin and intestines and threw them at the officers.

The officers decided to retreat and call in the Bergen County SWAT team, Heinemann said. Carter finally was restrained and was taken to a hospital just before midnight.

No charges have been filed because of the unusual nature of the case, Heinemann said. He said he believes that drug use or mental illness may have contributed to Carter's behavior, but that hasn't been confirmed.

Carter had been arrested in the past for aggravated assault and resisting arrest.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Tonitrus

/Caliga

It seems this guy...

...had some guts.

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Caliga

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 29, 2012, 07:11:09 PM
He said he believes that drug use or mental illness may have contributed to Carter's behavior
:lol:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

If that was Jon Corzine then I'm Barrack Obama.

DontSayBanana

Drugs.  Way too many drugs in this state.
Experience bij!

jimmy olsen

Traffic in PCP must be on some kind of upswing!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DontSayBanana

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 29, 2012, 09:34:32 PM
Traffic in PCPevery kind of drug must be on some kind of upswing!

FYPFY.

There's a high school about a half-hour up the highway from here that has drug problems so bad that its local nickname is Heroin High. 
Experience bij!

garbon

Wrong question. What is right about New Jersey? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

That or the new "bath salt" craze, which is said to be able to induce PCP-like effects.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: garbon on May 29, 2012, 09:41:32 PM
Wrong question. What is right about New Jersey? :huh:

Better question.  I'll get back to you when I think of a good answer.
Experience bij!

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Tonitrus on May 29, 2012, 09:41:44 PM
That or the new "bath salt" craze, which is said to be able to induce PCP-like effects.

Most of that stuff is just dirty pseudo-speed, not crazy powder.  And DEA provisionally put all the real ones in Schedule I last fall.  The big problem with the "bath salts" was the dosing -- people would just snort up a line of it like it were regular street speed or coke (or, more likely, what those lines looked like in the movies, since it was more naive drug users buying it), and it would be massive overkill.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)