News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Eurovision 2012

Started by Martinus, May 26, 2012, 02:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Azerbaijan's entry was the daughter of a general, the interval act is married to the President's daughter.  If I was in a position of power in Azerbaijan I'd be trying to avoid association with this...

Also I loved Graham Norton's voice-over on the video of men arm wrestling: 'there's some men arm wrestling.  Men can do all sorts of things in Azerbaijan.  Except for that thing.  That's illegal.' :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Martinus

merithyn

Anywhere to see this in 'merika? :unsure: On play-back, obviously. :P
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Sheilbh

The Albanian entry included the lyric 'I land my plane on the lightless runway of your soul'.  Why they're not winning is beyond me.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Oooh Germany got political in giving the votes.
Let's bomb Russia!

The Brain

North Germanics are Best Germanics.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Cecil

Swedish commentator as the Azarbajdzjan chick going up on stage: Well here we have Sabina Babajeva with a pair of new lips she bought on the street this week.  :lol:

Also : I'd have liked to see Norway at least score higher than Breivik :lol:

Syt

Most entertaining ESC in ages. Not because of the show or songs, but because of the commentary of Austro-German duo Stermann & Grissemann. An evening full of highly politically incorrect humour and superlame puns. They called the Hungarians fascists (and by the looks, Orban's bodyguard) and that their performance was probably so shitty because they were tired from chasing gypsies in the streets of Baku all day, commented that the Serbian singer had to be specially released from Den Haag for the contest and that the (Kosovo-)Albanian singer screamed even louder after he visited her in the change room, that the Russian grannies were vicious snobby bitches who had tried to gangrape Engelbert, that the Romanian singer came fresh from working the streets of Bucharest, that another singer had too close physical relationships with her dog etc. Also, they made up biographies for all contestants.

As their commentary was offered as alternative to the "official" one on the audio channel normally reserved for either English language or the commentary for the blind, they also kept making rather funny blind people jokes.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Overall, I think deserved win for Sweden. Was surprised that Italy didn't score higher (or Iceland). Was even more surprised how well the Serbian entry did and that the Norwegian one bombed so badly.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.