Doctor who helped CIA find Osama bin Laden convicted of treason by Pakistan

Started by jimmy olsen, May 23, 2012, 10:11:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

I agree with Marty.  What he did was right.  But he gave information to another country that led to a military strike in his own country.  I don't think it's surprising or outrageous that he's convicted of treason, even if it was in a good cause.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

You'd think getting a ticket to America would be a key part of agreeing to do this...
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on May 24, 2012, 04:08:38 AM
You'd think getting a ticket to America would be a key part of agreeing to do this...

No shit.  Wouldn't ask for anything less than my ass on one of those choppers on the way out from the hit.

NO IM NOT TELLING YOU WHERE HE IS BUT ILL MEET YOU THERE

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on May 24, 2012, 01:21:33 AM
Gee. If you are a citizen of country A and spy on country A for country B, don't expect your country A to like it.  :huh:

Agreed.  It sucks that Pakistan considered bin Laden to be part of their country, but what do you expect?  Pakistan is no friend to the West, but it wants Western aid, and so will punish anyone who demonstrates that their facade of being "allies in the war on Terror" is just that:  a facade.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Brazen

I read that as "Doctor Who helped CIA find Osama bin Laden". Now that would have been a story!

Neil

Gee. If you are a citizen of country A and spy on country A for country B, don't expect your country A to like it.  :huh:
I'll quote this post next time you twist your panties about that Wikileaks fag.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Brazen on May 24, 2012, 06:52:23 AM
I read that as "Doctor Who helped CIA find Osama bin Laden". Now that would have been a story!
Only if it was Tom Baker.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Iormlund

Quote from: Tyr on May 24, 2012, 04:08:38 AM

Yeah WTF was that dude still doing over there? Way to encourage other people from helping.

Quote from: Brazen on May 24, 2012, 06:52:23 AM

You were not the only one. :lol:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on May 24, 2012, 07:44:35 AM

Unless the Pakistani doctor sucks cock, then it's OK.

Camerus

Being thrown under the bus by your employers if you're exposed is just part of the job description of being a spy.

Admiral Yi

This guy is a citizen of country A that ostensibly was involved in the hunt for Osama and considered him a fugitive from justice.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on May 24, 2012, 07:44:35 AM
Heh, good point.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 24, 2012, 09:09:29 AM

This guy is a citizen of country A that ostensibly was involved in the hunt for Osama and considered him a fugitive from justice.

Yeah I was about to say...it was not like he helped the US assassinate a Pakistani citizen but a foreigner and an international criminal who Pakistan was pretending to be hunting for.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

KRonn

I'm thinking and hoping that the US will put pressure on Pakistan over this doctor. Maybe allow him to leave and come to the US or something.

Pakistan is a messed up place. We see reports of the ISI helping the Taliban make attacks in Afghanistan, stuff like that. And on the other hand the govt was going after some of the radical enclaves a while ago. They need to decide what side of all this that they're on since they have these radicals living and operating in their own country.

Razgovory

Nah.  This way, we don't have to pay him the reward.  Got to find the spending cuts somewhere.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017