News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hawaii verifies Obama birth records to Arizona

Started by garbon, May 23, 2012, 08:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 30, 2012, 10:56:08 AM
Then how do you interpret Raz's comment about being shocked?

Ok maybe Raz is.  Either way I am not interpreting his posts :P

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

We did?  A Primary for what?  I don't think any of the Presidential candidates openly endorsed birtherism, but Bachman and Gingrich both humored the birthers with talk of "Kenyan mindset", and birth certificates.

Also I never said that birtherism was very clever.  It's too obvious to most people.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Obama apparently told a bad Polack joke or something:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/nilegardiner/100161347/barack-obama-has-insulted-38-million-poles-with-his-crass-and-ignorant-polish-death-camp-remark/

He must be tired-- there's no other explanation for making such a gaffe.  He needs some vay-cay- time.  Maybe he can get away from the 57 states & head out to the Maldivesvinas for a few days.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

I get the rest of that but where did the 57 state thing come from?  :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on May 30, 2012, 11:09:47 AM
Obama apparently told a bad Polack joke or something:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/nilegardiner/100161347/barack-obama-has-insulted-38-million-poles-with-his-crass-and-ignorant-polish-death-camp-remark/

He must be tired-- there's no other explanation for making such a gaffe.  He needs some vay-cay- time.  Maybe he can get away from the 57 states & head out to the Maldivesvinas for a few days.

Maybe he knows Marty.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on May 30, 2012, 11:11:42 AM

Republican "evidence" that Obama is an idiot.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/57states.asp

Valmy

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 30, 2012, 10:56:08 AM
Quote from: Valmy on May 30, 2012, 10:55:09 AM
Nobody is claiming that.

Then how do you interpret Raz's comment about being shocked?
Looked pretty clear to me.  He was shocked because you said what someone on the right would say.  I don't see where in the world you got the implication that you were a racist, or that people skeptical of racist connection to birtherism are racists.

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on May 30, 2012, 11:13:51 AM

Well that is a pretty bad gaff.  If Bush had done that you would have had a field day.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on May 30, 2012, 11:11:42 AM

That link does not disprove what you think it does.  He did say 57 states.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on May 30, 2012, 11:30:49 AM

Well that is a pretty bad gaff.  If Bush had done that you would have had a field day.
I disagree, that's not really a bad gaffe at all.  A bad gaffe is the kind that is even remotely plausible, and that reinforces stereotypes.  The comment about clinging to guns and religion was a pretty bad gaffe.  On the other hand, if you seriously entertain the notion that Obama believes there are 57 states in US, then you are more stupid than you think Obama is.  Everyone who speaks long enough eventually trips up.

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on May 30, 2012, 11:37:58 AM
I disagree, that's not really a bad gaffe at all.

Oh come on.  Howard Dean's entire political career was ruined when he screamed once and he only named the states, he didn't say something stupid.

And oh for godsake.  I have Berkut telling me I am brainwashed by the Demoncrats and then I have DG insisting I am more stupid than I think Obama is.  For the record I could never get into Harvard no matter how much affirmative action demanded more Texans.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on May 30, 2012, 11:29:31 AM
Looked pretty clear to me.  He was shocked because you said what someone on the right would say.  I don't see where in the world you got the implication that you were a racist, or that people skeptical of racist connection to birtherism are racists.

Fair enough, but this is just a variation on the same theme: the only people who don't think birther = racist are those with an ulterior motive.

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on May 30, 2012, 11:37:58 AM
I disagree, that's not really a bad gaffe at all.  A bad gaffe is the kind that is even remotely plausible, and that reinforces stereotypes.  The comment about clinging to guns and religion was a pretty bad gaffe. 

Bad gaffes are just gaffes that are harmful or embarrassing, and it's up for debate as to whether the "57 states" gaffe is particularly bad or not (I don't think it's the end of the world, but still pretty amusing).  The "bitter clingers" thing was not a gaffe as I understand the definition of the term-- he meant to say what he said.