News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Syria Disintegrating: Part 2

Started by jimmy olsen, May 22, 2012, 01:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

I'm assuming that's Bashir's trophy wife.

Ed Anger

Bashir should realize he would get a +2 DRM on his attack dicerolls if he releases chemical weapons.

And I'd give his wife sanctuary.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Viking

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 18, 2012, 01:09:42 PM
Bashir should realize he would get a +2 DRM on his attack dicerolls if he releases chemical weapons.

But what is the DRM for the NATO entry roll if he uses chemical weapons?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Viking on July 18, 2012, 01:20:17 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 18, 2012, 01:09:42 PM

But what is the DRM for the NATO entry roll if he uses chemical weapons?

All Syrian Gov't defense values drop to "1"

Assad rolls on the leader survival table each turn (2D6)

1-6: Hunkered in the bunker. A-OK.
7-8: Family member gets popped.
9-10: Prayer to Allah answered. Another turn staying alive
11: American Bunker Penetrator turns him into puree
12: Assad is dragged out of his bunker by rebels. He takes a knife in the anus. His wife takes a pounding from the rebels.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tamas on July 18, 2012, 06:19:34 AM
However the method seem to confirm fears that the country now hosts a good amount of radicals, and we are likely to see a change of figurehead and tribe in control, not a system change.

Apparently the late reports are stating that the parties responsible had planted an explosive device, as opposed to early reports of a suicide bomber.

In any case, they scored a hat trick on this one.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

OMG it turns out, there are people out there who think Assad is the hero of the opressed national rule's fight against evil globalism (and the jews of course).

One of them even wrote a tiny article about this on the online edition of the main right-sided newspaper in Hungary.

Fucking ignorant asswipes. A lot of ignorant people must think in good-evil, black-white terms. If the rebels' are questionable-motivated tribals, then Assad must be a hero in shining armor.

CountDeMoney

LOL, Russia and China at it again, cock-blocking the Security Council on sanctions "just because".

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on July 19, 2012, 06:54:48 AM
OMG it turns out, there are people out there who think Assad is the hero of the opressed national rule's fight against evil globalism (and the jews of course).

One of them even wrote a tiny article about this on the online edition of the main right-sided newspaper in Hungary.

Fucking ignorant asswipes. A lot of ignorant people must think in good-evil, black-white terms. If the rebels' are questionable-motivated tribals, then Assad must be a hero in shining armor.

I'm trying to figure out who I'm rooting for in this one.  The rebels have all sorts of unpleasant elements in their ranks.  On the other hand, Assad is trained as a doctor...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 19, 2012, 11:20:22 AM
LOL, Russia and China at it again, cock-blocking the Security Council on sanctions "just because".

I do wonder when either of them will realize that international politics is not necessarily a zero-sum game.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on July 19, 2012, 11:33:49 AM

I do wonder when either of them will realize that international politics is not necessarily a zero-sum game.

I think they take a very mercenary approach to foreign policy.  In the US people debate if this will help the region, or the people of Syria, or the peace process etc.  I think the Russians and the Chinese ask "Will this help us".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

not sure what you mean, it is pretty easy in their case: they cannot really have the Sec. Council declare that it is okay and support-worthy for muslim tribes to rebel against their overlords. Both China and Russia would have massive potential problems if that becomes modus operandi.

We may debate the relevance of precedence in this case, but I think this is the main reason for them being an ass over this.
And it's old reflexes as well. Just think 1849, when the Hungarians officially threw the Habsburgs out - we were 34 years after Napoleon yet the Russkies couldn't allow this because they had millions of Polacks to oppress. So they moved in and crushed the Magyars.

CountDeMoney

Of course not;  we're going on how many decades now of offering absolutely nothing to the concept of international collective security and cooperation?  The US ambassador was rather pointed during her press conference about their votes.

Honestly, I really believe the only reason those nations even belong to the United Nations is so their diplomatic corps has a nice place to crash and shop in Manhattan.

CountDeMoney

Fuck it.  Let NATO ramp up Libya Part Deux.