Started by jimmy olsen, May 10, 2012, 09:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: 11B4V on May 12, 2012, 01:03:06 AM
What makes a bully target people?

Weakness. They are like sharks. Retarded sharks, specifically.

I think, ultimately, I blame the parents of the victim - because only if there is something screwy back at home (either parents not supportive of their weirdo kid, or parents actively rising a weirdo kid because they are themselves weirdos), you get a kid who offers a bully an interesting target. Kids who are non-weirdos or who are weirdos but have enough self-confidence not to bothered by bullying do not become targets.

It's the same as with suicide - you could find countless of reasons for people to commit suicide, but in 99% of cases there are people who suffer the same stuff but do not commit suicide - what makes the difference is in the head.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on May 12, 2012, 01:01:38 AM
When I hear stories like that, it always strikes me how attitudes change and how oversensitive we have become. I have this friend who told me about the stuff from his school. He had a bully constantly targeting him - you know, tying his shoelaces, putting his dog on fire, anal rape - the annoying but usual thing those days. Then one day my friend finally snapped and burned the motherfucker's house down with his parents inside, sleeping. And the bullying stopped.

The principal called them both to his office on the next day, gave them a punch on the face, (this being a catholic school), molested them a bit, and let them go. And in the end they got to be best friends.

Someone would probably get arrested for some of that stuff today.  :rolleyes:

Why don't you try again without the sarcasm?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on May 12, 2012, 01:08:01 AM

I think, ultimately, I blame the parents of the victim - because only if there is something screwy back at home (either parents not supportive of their weirdo kid, or parents actively rising a weirdo kid because they are themselves weirdos), you get a kid who offers a bully an interesting target. Kids who are non-weirdos or who are weirdos but have enough self-confidence not to bothered by bullying do not become targets.

It's the same as with suicide - you could find countless of reasons for people to commit suicide, but in 99% of cases there are people who suffer the same stuff but do not commit suicide - what makes the difference is in the head.

Again - why don't you try again without sarcasm?

I have no idea what you're honestly trying to say here.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on May 12, 2012, 01:13:03 AM

That wasn't meant to be sarcastic. And the previous post was meant to be humorous.

11B4V

Quote from: Barrister on May 12, 2012, 01:13:03 AM

I didnt take that as sarcasm? either paragraph.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

katmai

Yeah i took it as Marti being a fucking moron as usual.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

PRC

Quote from: katmai on May 12, 2012, 01:23:36 AM

Exactly.

Martinus... your posts on this forum haven't lead people to think you're a troll... they've lead people to think you're an idiot.  They're right.

11B4V

Quote from: PRC on May 12, 2012, 01:25:04 AM
Quote from: katmai on May 12, 2012, 01:23:36 AM

Exactly.

Martinus... your posts on this forum haven't lead people to think you're a troll... they've lead people to think you're an idiot.  They're right.

Would somebody point out why his two paragraphs I replied too are off the reservation. I'm not seeing it.

PRC

Quote from: 11B4V on May 12, 2012, 01:27:41 AM
Would somebody point out why his two paragraphs I replied too are off the reservation. I'm not seeing it.

Nutbar:

DGuller

Quote from: Barrister on May 12, 2012, 01:11:24 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 12, 2012, 01:01:38 AM
When I hear stories like that, it always strikes me how attitudes change and how oversensitive we have become. I have this friend who told me about the stuff from his school. He had a bully constantly targeting him - you know, tying his shoelaces, putting his dog on fire, anal rape - the annoying but usual thing those days. Then one day my friend finally snapped and burned the motherfucker's house down with his parents inside, sleeping. And the bullying stopped.

The principal called them both to his office on the next day, gave them a punch on the face, (this being a catholic school), molested them a bit, and let them go. And in the end they got to be best friends.

Someone would probably get arrested for some of that stuff today.  :rolleyes:
Why don't you try again without the sarcasm?
That would kind of ruin the point of his post, wouldn't you think?

11B4V

Quote from: PRC on May 12, 2012, 01:31:31 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 12, 2012, 01:27:41 AM

Nutbar:

OK, he's saying that the parents have a part in why their kid gets bullied. I would say this would not be the case 100% of the time. Eh, but a point.

What makes a bully tick and why?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.