Romney's Bullying/Gay Bashing High School Days

Started by jimmy olsen, May 10, 2012, 09:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Hansmeister on May 11, 2012, 08:52:42 AM

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

The NYTimes? Really?  Ayers and Obama were close friends for nearly two decades and shared the same office for years.

And of course the reason the charges were dropped were due to the evidence having been obtained through illegal wiretaps, not because of lack of guilt.  Heck, Ayers himself proudly proclaimed his guilt, or as he put it "guilty as sin, free as a bird, what a great country".  Probably the only time in his life he spoke well of the USA.

Hans you must have missed my post.  I did asked who the "murderous terrorists" were and who they murdered.  I also posted a Washington Post article you requested.  While you are at it, why not post the evidence that Mr. Ayer's was a "Close friend" of Obama.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on May 11, 2012, 01:27:42 PM
Quote from: The Brain on May 11, 2012, 01:16:00 PM
garbon has had purple hair for years now. He's not weird.

Nor am I bullied. :)

I've met the man.  He'll cut your face.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Faeelin

Good God, were you all monsters in school?

I get that a person can change, and I wouldn't make much of this, but I don't think that this is normal behavior either.

Razgovory

Quote from: Faeelin on May 11, 2012, 01:37:10 PM

I get that a person can change, and I wouldn't make much of this, but I don't think that this is normal behavior either.

I used to get beat up in school all the time.  In fact, that's about when I started going insane.  When I was in high school I got a job and used the money to hire people to beat up people who used to trouble me.  When I ran out of money I began to do it myself.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

derspiess

I dabbled in some light bullying back in the day.  My older brothers used to bully & tease me all the time, so it seemed like the natural order of things.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 11, 2012, 01:39:47 PM
When I was in high school I got a job and used the money to hire people to beat up people who used to trouble me.  When I ran out of money I began to do it myself.

How did that make you feel?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 11, 2012, 10:55:24 AM
Quote from: Hansmeister on May 11, 2012, 10:44:32 AM
Romney doesn't have to make the case for himself.  He only has to make the case against Obama, which is very easy to do.  "Are you better off than you were 4 years ago" worked for Reagan and for Clinton, and will work for Romney as well.

:huh: Everybody is better off than they were four years ago.

yeah if the start date is Inauguration Day Obama in 1/09, it's a rout.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on May 11, 2012, 02:11:16 PM
When I was in high school I got a job and used the money to hire people to beat up people who used to trouble me.  When I ran out of money I began to do it myself.

I didn't feel anything.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 11, 2012, 03:20:52 PM

I didn't feel anything.

Then you need to learn to feel.

Malthus

I would never have imagined any amount of bullying at my HS - we all desperately wanted to regard ourselves as adults and sophisticated, bullying would be so very grade-school. The only ones who indulged in in were the brain-dead rocker types, and all they did was bluster about imagined bullying and gay-bashing, because they thought it made them look tough. They never, as far as I know, actually attempted any in the school itself.

The interests at my HS were sex and drugs, not bullying.

Not that everyone was nice to each other. Not at all. But physical bullying? No.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on May 11, 2012, 03:27:51 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 11, 2012, 03:20:52 PM

I didn't feel anything.

Then you need to learn to feel.

Did you feel good bullying people?

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 11, 2012, 03:32:55 PM
Did you feel good bullying people?

Well, yeah.  Isn't that the point?

FWIW, I guess I never really physically bullied.