Romney's Bullying/Gay Bashing High School Days

Started by jimmy olsen, May 10, 2012, 09:39:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 11, 2012, 11:10:36 AM
Quote from: derspiess on May 11, 2012, 11:07:25 AM
How do you figure that?  Unemployment was 5.8% in 2008 and it's 8.2% now (not sure if that's before or after the weekly "revised upward" figure).  Gas prices are double what they were when Obama took office.

Regardless of whose fault things actually are, your statement is hard to defend unless you're trying to make some vague philosophical statement.

Was unemployment really that low in IV Q 08?  Anyway, I'm talking about the trough of the recession.

Dunno, possibly not.  That was a yearly figure for 2008.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Gups

Quote from: derspiess on May 11, 2012, 11:07:25 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 11, 2012, 10:55:24 AM
:huh: Everybody is better off than they were four years ago.

How do you figure that?  Unemployment was 5.8% in 2008 and it's 8.2% now (not sure if that's before or after the weekly "revised upward" figure).  Gas prices are double what they were when Obama took office.

Regardless of whose fault things actually are, your statement is hard to defend unless you're trying to make some vague philosophical statement.

It was 7.2% and rising rapidly (1.5m jobs lost that quarter). GDP contracted by 3.8% (annualised).

Maximus

Quote from: Valmy on May 11, 2012, 09:04:33 AM
I know it is hilarious.  Does he really believe his own bullshit?
As I've said before, he's either a Democrat and very good at what he does, or a Republican and very bad at what he does.

derspiess

Quote from: Maximus on May 11, 2012, 11:57:48 AM
As I've said before, he's either a Democrat and very good at what he does, or a Republican and very bad at what he does.

Or maybe just that 90% of this forum is hostile towards Republicans.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on May 11, 2012, 12:05:46 PM

Then maybe you should go back to EUOT, where 90% of the forum is hostile towards Americans.  It'll be fairer that way.  :P

Maximus

Possibly as a result of Hans' years of labor.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Maximus on May 11, 2012, 12:12:59 PM
Possibly as a result of Hans' years of labor.

Kinda like how, thanks to Martinus, 90% of the forum is now hostile to homosexuals.  :lol:

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 11, 2012, 12:10:53 PM

Then maybe you should go back to EUOT, where 90% of the forum is hostile towards Americans.  It'll be fairer that way.  :P

I've been meaning to do that actually, for a laugh.

PDH

Quote from: derspiess on May 11, 2012, 12:15:11 PM
I've been meaning to do that actually, for a laugh.

You'll last 15 minutes, like I do.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Grey Fox

Quote from: Maximus on May 11, 2012, 11:57:48 AM

You guys have it tough we gotta recognize with all those retards spewing the most inane shit 24/7.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Martinus

CountDeMoney

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 11, 2012, 01:03:47 PM
Quote from: Martinus on May 11, 2012, 12:57:39 PM
I'm conflicted on anti-gay bullying.

Must be the gay Dom shortage.

I'm anti-anti-gay but pro-bullying. :P

But seriously, I have never been bullied and every time I hear about people being bullied for being "gay", it looks like they are in fact bullied for being weirdos. Which there is nothing wrong with per se if you are prepared to own it. The kid in the story, for example, was not really bullied for being gay, but for wearing bleached-blond bangs.  :yuk:

The Brain

garbon has had purple hair for years now. He's not weird.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus