News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

May 9th Prediction: Obama or Romney?

Started by Jacob, May 09, 2012, 01:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you predict will win the 2012 US Presidential Election?

Obama will get re-elected
55 (83.3%)
Romney will be president
11 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Martinus

Quote from: derspiess on May 10, 2012, 02:42:22 PM
Quote from: viper37 on May 10, 2012, 02:39:33 PM
Obama will win, he just got the gay vote to tip the balance.

He already had that.

Not sure about it. A lot of gays were disappointed with him, and if Romney came across as sympathetic to gays and Obama didn't do anything in that area, they could have just stayed home.

But Romney fucked that up with the gay dude he threw under the bus and Obama has done some quick appeal work, so that vote is coming.

Incidentally, gay vote doesn't just mean gays but also their close families.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DontSayBanana

Romney threw a gay under the bus AND reaffirmed his opposition to civil unions "if they are equal to marriage in all but name" (why else would anybody lobby for it then, moron?).  His score on domestic social issues is gonna be pretty damn low once they start tallying the scorecards.
Experience bij!

derspiess

Quote from: DontSayBanana on May 10, 2012, 03:51:24 PM
Romney threw a gay under the bus AND reaffirmed his opposition to civil unions "if they are equal to marriage in all but name" (why else would anybody lobby for it then, moron?).  His score on domestic social issues is gonna be pretty damn low once they start tallying the scorecards.

Once who starts tallying the scorecards?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on May 10, 2012, 03:55:48 PM

Once who starts tallying the scorecards?

Future historians of course.  They will be: absolootli apaled.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on May 10, 2012, 02:51:52 PM
Incidentally, gay vote doesn't just mean gays but also their close families.
No it doesn't.  Plenty of people have the good sense to feel fear and shame because of a gay family member.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

The scorecards are not going to matter, as usual.

Admiral Yi

Mitt is now claiming that what he meant by the auto bailout comment is that he warned Wubya to not hand them a check without first forcing them in to bankruptcy so they could shed their union contracts.

Problem with this version is I don't remember Wubya talking about cutting the auto companies a check, with or without bankruptcy.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 10, 2012, 05:48:59 PM
Mitt is now claiming that what he meant by the auto bailout comment is that he warned Wubya to not hand them a check without first forcing them in to bankruptcy so they could shed their union contracts.

Problem with this version is I don't remember Wubya talking about cutting the auto companies a check, with or without bankruptcy.
Yeah, that doesn't make much sense.  I'll wait and see if tomorrow's version is more logical.

sbr

Zoupa

:bleeding:

This is a positive in America?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Zoupa on May 11, 2012, 01:16:40 AM

:bleeding:

This is a positive in America?

It gives me a boner at least.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney