News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on June 14, 2012, 10:16:15 PM
You can offer her to marry William.   ;)

Actually to be perfectly honest that had been my original plan but I got distracted while at work when Berk told me to hurry up my diplo announcements.  Then I was going to beg that forgiveness be heaped on me but from reading the rules it sounded like I got only one die and Louise's eligibility rating which seemed like suicide.  I'm guessing I'll now learn that I really would have gotten to die to roll though I'm only one power...:(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

There's a reason I offered Henry III to marry her.  Even with us fighting each other, I don't see the VP being gained from their marriage to be that pivotal since I'm going to lose 2-4 VPs this turn anyway.

As it stands, though, you should really marry her off to William.  Worst-case scenario, you get William whacked or lose a card, but if she marries William you get a card anyway, so...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Alright well if no one minds then William and Louise are engaged. Aligned Spanish and Dutch control in Netherlands to actual status.

William and 5 regulars deploy to Lille. Henry of Navarre arrives in Rouen.

Lastly can someone check the VPs for France and Spain? I can't seem to get either to add up to what we have in ACTS. I'm sure there is something I'm overlooking. :blush:

edit: caught my French bit - forgot to count the Valois trio!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

And now my long wait begins. It shall not end for some time, because we foolishly agreed to play this game with Tamas. I will know no turns, no dice rolling, no card play.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Drakken

Quote from: Habbaku on June 14, 2012, 10:29:12 PM
How?  They're all owned.

Beats me, but they were all turned up.

Tamas

Quote from: Berkut on June 14, 2012, 11:16:12 PM
And now my long wait begins. It shall not end for some time, because we foolishly agreed to play this game with Tamas. I will know no turns, no dice rolling, no card play.

Oh shut up :P

Habbaku

Still no play from Tamas, I note.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

yes because I was having breakfast :P Now I am at work and can finally play :P
Goddamit

Tamas

#56: 2 / Index of Prohibited Books

Message from Ottoman:
1/2: entire fleet and leader to Barbary Coast
2/2: entire fleet and leader to Ionian Sea

Berkut

Hey Look! It is the Treasure Fleet!

Oh, isn't that too bad - no pirates on the map. I will just take those treasures into hand then...

0 rows returned

Habbaku

So there's a file coming, right?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Oh that reminds me. I'm going to be away for the weekend for father's day. I'll have suitable internet access but I likely won't have access to CB till Monday.

Berkut

2/2: Espionage, just 1 hit, so I get to see Jeromey's hand.

I will extend once I see what he has.

0 rows returned

Berkut

One of my treasures was the Science Bonus, so I selected Dry Docks. We've learned the secret of naval construction from the Incas! Torpedo Boats for us!

0 rows returned

Berkut

Spend a 4 CP treasure to extend

1/4: Build merc in Milan
4/4: Build 3m in Barcelona

0 rows returned