Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on June 12, 2012, 09:22:08 AM
Good luck, then.

You're up, by the way...

:mad:

I retreat one unit to Nicopolis. leave the leader and 4 regulars holed up in Belgrade.

Then I pass in my impulse. One impulse only.

I don't have time for a file, sorry.

Berkut is up.

ulmont

Drake scores one hit against the Portuguese in the S. Atlantic, after which some sort of Polish election is going to take place:

2 / Polish Royal Election [MANDATORY]
End any Foreign Wars between the Holy Roman Empire and Poland. Then, Spain, France, and the Holy Roman (if a player power) have the option to play a card or treasure to advance their candidate for the Polish throne. Reveal all choices simultaneously. Each power playing a card/treasure adds its CP value to the roll of one die. Power with the highest total becomes King of Poland and receives 2 VP, as long as their total exceeds 5. If highest total is 5 or less, no VP awarded (Ivan the Terrible becomes King of Poland). Remove from deck after play. [FAQ: Mandatory Events may not be played for the election; home cards may be. In the case of a tie, France scores the 2 VP if they are one of the tied powers. If not the Holy Roman scores the VP.]

Berkut

I sent my card choice to England.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Drakken

Gave one random card to England.

All my remaining cards had the same CP.

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on June 12, 2012, 12:10:07 AM
garbon can have a Portuguese treasure.

Question - Does my treasure go in my hand or does it stay with le Clerc as he didn't come back?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

I played my election contribution (Henri le Invincible PAC) in ACTS (3 CPs).

To Ulmont to resolve.

The treasure stays with le Clerc until he returns home.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Drakken

I approve.

I will order around humbly request the Pope to come in Warsaw sanction the coronation himself.

Tamas

Drakken is down to his last card hm?

Habbaku, you have a deal! Eliminate his 4 (or how many) mercs from Belgrade and I give you a card draw next turn.

Habbaku

Played German Recruitment Curtailed to hit Drakken's mercenaries in Belgrade.  No file.

Off to Drakken.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on June 12, 2012, 12:10:28 PM
Quote from: ulmont on June 12, 2012, 11:35:53 AM
HRE wins.

But Wisconsin said money could buy any election!

Chuck V also said money could buy any election...I think it goes to show that not matching all other candidates is where the problem is.

Drakken

QuoteHoly Roman Empire: Play Card as Operations
#94: 3 / God's Secret Agents

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
3CP :
1/3 : 1 Merc built on Szigetvar
2/3 : Troops from Belgrade to Szigetvar
3/3 : Leaders + 7r1m from Szigetvar to Buda

Habbaku

Drakken, why are you rolling for a battle at Buda?  Tamas not only has the option to avoid battle there (succeeds on a 9+), but doesn't even have to fight you (and would be stupid to do so!) because he can retreat into the fortifications...You know, just like he did at Belgrade?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

Well in Belgrade he retreated into the barricades after the field battle, so I thought that it was the same in Buda : Field battle first, then whether he retreat or go into the barricades.

Why shouldn't I roll in Buda? I rolled in every single time I advanced against him so far. If Tamas wants to avoid combat, though, he is free to do so. I'll let you take it from there.