Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Yeah, we can't let that happen.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Assuming Ulmont passes or does something that won't affect me, I'm making my play so I don't hold up the game :

Quote#60: 2 / John Knox

Message from France:
Going to assume Ulmont is passing for now; doubt his play will affect mine, regardless.

1/2 - Assault La Rochelle.
2/2 CPs - Naval Move. Ville and le Testu to South Atlantic, dropping off colony.

La Rochelle fell in the ensuing assault at the cost of two French mercenaries.  The Huguenot rebellion in France is eliminated and the rebel base of Hoth, er, La Rochelle has been captured.  Admiral Coligny has been sent to a French prison.

In the New World, le Testu and Villetc. maneuver to the coast of Brazil, establishing another colony.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

By the way, Tamas got two hits--he cannot receive 2 VPs for that.

Quote5. Roll Piracy Dice: The active player rolls this number of dice.
Each roll of a "5" or a "6" is considered to be a hit. For each hit
scored, the targeted power must choose to do one of the following:

a. Eliminate a naval unit in or adjacent to the targeted sea zone,

b. Allow the active power to draw at random and keep 1 card
from his hand (it cannot be played until a future impulse),

c. Award the active player 1 VP for Piracy, and

d. Downgrade the Spanish Armada by one level if Spain was
the piracy target and the Armada was in or adjacent to the sea
zone where piracy occurred.

The target power
must always try and award one of these four awards for each hit.
Picking an award of no benefit to the active player is not permitted
if another selection is available. If more than one hit is scored
on the same piracy action, the target power must divide the hits as
equally as possible between valid awards
(i.e., an award cannot be
chosen for a second time until all possible awards are granted at
least once).
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Habbaku

Presumably, Drakken will, you know, do something with that big army of his.  Or I guess he could just sit there with it and perfect the art of sitzkrieg.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

ulmont

I thought I said I was passing out the turn already?

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Quote from: ulmont on June 05, 2012, 06:37:39 AM
I thought I said I was passing out the turn already?

Drakken's double-officially up, then.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

Quote from: Habbaku on June 05, 2012, 02:39:06 AM
Presumably, Drakken will, you know, do something with that big army of his.  Or I guess he could just sit there with it and perfect the art of sitzkrieg.

Yeah, but Drakken is not foolish enough to attack with his big army if Tamas's gonna roll more dice because of his Sokullu leader. Because if I understand the rules correctly his dice number is 1 for each land units + Leaders highest's number + 1 as Defender, right?

You'll have my turn, tonight, when I come back from work. I'm baffled by how you can resolve all your impulses by 7AM Eastern time.

Drakken

Or, I could play my cards on ACTS, and you guys resolve it while I'm gone.

Drakken

There you go.

Holy Roman Empire: Play Card as Operations

#61: 2 / Menendez de Aviles

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
2CP
1/2 - Move Reichwehr units and Leaders from Szigetvar to Belgrade
2/2 - Land combat in Belgrade

Please resolve while I'm away at work.

Habbaku

You don't have to pay to initiate land combat (or any combat, for that matter, aside from assaults), Drakken.  Co-location is enough.

So, after Tamas responds, you'll have 1 CP remaining.

-J. R. R. Tolkien