News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Actually, we will use a treasure. Forgot about that.

Spend a 4CP treasure to place 2 galleys in Palma.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Ennglish are up, Prots need to give me one of their cards.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Lame piracy attempt by Hawkins in the Guinea Coast; Hawkins moves to the Spanish Main, dragging a colony with him.

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on June 02, 2012, 08:13:06 AM

Not so bad for me, though funny the card that got sent over. :D

Unconvinced that Spain needs more cards. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on June 02, 2012, 09:41:04 AM
Quote from: Berkut on June 02, 2012, 08:13:06 AM

Unconvinced that Spain needs more cards. <_<

no kidding

garbon

What's up with the move files, btw? I don't see montmorency in Caen / Berk and Ulmont sent move files with identical names though they both result in different game states. Am I doing something wrong?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

ulmont

I started from tamas' file, because Berkut said "no file."

Tamas

AFAIK I worked with the last file before mine.

And we shouldnt forget Berkut's treasure-burning move of building those ships. It is not indicated yet.

garbon

Quote from: ulmont on June 02, 2012, 10:20:07 AM
I started from tamas' file, because Berkut said "no file."

He said that but then reversed himself like a minute later. :D

Habbaku

QuoteFrance: Play Card as Event
#76: 2 / Untimely Death [MANDATORY]

Message from France:
Remove any one of these leaders from the game: Piyale Pasha, Don John, Montmorency, Duke of Alva, Santa Cruz, Leicester, or Zrinyi. Card remains in deck each turn.

Event/CPs. Piyale Pasha falls overboard and is never heard from again.

1/2 - Montmorency + 6 to Nantes.
2/2 - Control Nantes.

Piyale Pasha has bad luck, I'm afraid.  Meanwhile, Montmorency moves to recapture Nantes.

My file includes the English move as well, so use mine immediately after Berkut's.

Off to Drakken.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

I really, REALLY don't like Sokollu and this many troops so close to me.

So tit-for-tat :

Use 4CP as Treasure Card. Put into the Treasure Tray.

4CP :
1/4 Move Schwendi from Pressburg to Vienna
3/4 Move Schwendi + 2 Mercs from Vienna to Szigetvar
4/4 Hire 1 Merc and place it Szigetvar.

Up to the Protestants.

Tamas

Why. Just why.

Goes for both of you  :mad:

Habbaku

:bleeding:

So, Drakken, assuming you did actually read the rules, you'd know that treasures can't.be played by themselves (there is no such thing as a 'Treasure Card"), and surely just forgot to play the card you wanted to play before the treasure itself, right?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

Quote from: Habbaku on June 02, 2012, 12:54:50 PM
:bleeding:

So, Drakken, assuming you did actually read the rules, you'd know that treasures can't.be played by themselves (there is no such thing as a 'Treasure Card"), and surely just forgot to play the card you wanted to play before the treasure itself, right?

QuoteHoly Roman Empire: Play Card as Operations
#67: 3 / Spanish Pay Ships Seized

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
3CP :
1/3 Move Schwendi from Pressburg to Vienna
3/3 Move Schwendi + 2 Mercs from Vienna to Szigetvar

Use 4CP Treasure to extend turn. Put it back the Treasure Tray.

4CP :
2/4 - Build 1 Reg in Szigetvar
4/4 - Build Forteress in Agram

Better now?

I read the rules, but I just found the rules about how to actually use Treasures in a mere sentence at the start of the Action Phase part of the book. I had to use CTL-F on the PDF version to notice it. How about just mention the use in the Treasure rules at 6.3 instead?

Habbaku

No, that's not better either.  Treasures can't be used for the same type of actions as the cards used before them.  You did military actions with both...

-J. R. R. Tolkien