News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Stronghold Kingdoms - Any one tried this ?

Started by mongers, April 29, 2012, 08:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Anyone seen or tried this :

http://store.steampowered.com/app/47410/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_1

Started it last night and it's quite amusing; nice learning / figuring out the game mechanisms.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

It looks like the original Stronghold with lots of multiplayer
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 29, 2012, 09:54:17 AM
looks interesting.  Where did you start mongers?

World 5 - (English) - England - Northumberland - Hethpool/or hethpool, village name army knife. 
:)

Berkut

I started playing this, but it seems like a stand alone version of one of those damn browser games.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Seen

Always willing to try out time wasters :)

Im next to you mongers and till I find the tab to change village name its 'Seenias village'.

crazy canuck

Quote from: mongers on April 29, 2012, 10:27:06 AM

World 5 - (English) - England - Northumberland - Hethpool/or hethpool, village name army knife. 

cool, I am World 5 - England - Suffolk - Bury St. Edmunds, village is Tannin

Still trying to figure things out, but seems like it will be a fun distraction.

crazy canuck

Just discoverd a good trick.  If you dont like where you placed a building, just click on it, then click on the green arrows in the display box on the right of the screen and you can move it.  Did that with my woodworker thing - I had placed it too far away from the resource collection point.

mongers

Quote from: Seen on April 29, 2012, 11:26:28 AM
Always willing to try out time wasters :)

Im next to you mongers and till I find the tab to change village name its 'Seenias village'.

Excellent, I'll be incontact tomorrow.  :cool:

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 29, 2012, 11:40:10 AM
Quote from: mongers on April 29, 2012, 10:27:06 AM

cool, I am World 5 - England - Suffolk - Bury St. Edmunds, village is Tannin

Still trying to figure things out, but seems like it will be a fun distraction.

Yeah, nothing serious, much of the fun is working out all of the detail.

location noted.

Arvoreen

On world 5, I'm in Leominster parish, Herefordshire county, in the West Midlands.  I'm also parish sheriff. :)

On here, I'm 'goreen'

Sent both of you 'vassalage' requests.  I can ship you some troops to help keep you safe (although, given the distance, they will take quite some time to arrive...)  I would also be granting you bonus honor if you accept

mongers

Quote from: Arvoreen on April 29, 2012, 06:23:13 PM
On world 5, I'm in Leominster parish, Herefordshire county, in the West Midlands.  I'm also parish sheriff. :)

On here, I'm 'goreen'

Sent both of you 'vassalage' requests.  I can ship you some troops to help keep you safe (although, given the distance, they will take quite some time to arrive...)  I would also be granting you bonus honor if you accept

Excellent, I'll accept the vassal status, enjoying how the game works.
I'll hold off on the offer of troops as I'd like to sink or swim largely by my own efforts. But will make sure I offer whatever help is asked for and support other newbies.

Cheers 'Goreen'
:cheers:

crazy canuck

my Lord Goreen, I am your vassal.

But would it make sense to start again nearer to you?

Darth Wagtaros

The original Stronghold as in the old D&D game?
PDH!

Arvoreen

I sent 9 or 10  peasants and 9 or 10 archers to each of you...they will show up in the next day or 2 :D  lol