And we're back!

Main Menu

So what will Paradox Make Next?

Started by Faeelin, April 25, 2012, 06:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Quote from: Faeelin on April 26, 2012, 09:39:00 AM
Quote from: sbr on April 26, 2012, 07:59:49 AM

My biggest worry is that if it is released the threatened lawsuits won't happen.

Wait, what?

There was a post by ubik in late March

Quote from: ubik;13631326Yes we do have limited resources but that was the smallest of the problems this project had to face. Or, better placed, the reasons behind the high attrition of the last 6 months are the true problems this project had to face. Whether I'll disclose them or not depends on several matters, but rest assured when and if I do it, it's to provide a well documented sequence of misdeeds that will have full impact in court.

As for SotS and any comparison between our ragtag team of amateurs and their studio, I suppose no comparison can be made. First because MM team needs very few money to work (its the most significant asset we have) second because almost all of us work on this part time. Having met Kerberus guys twice, I am pretty sure of their passion, commitment and talent to make SoTS a classic game in its niche.

As for MM, it's going to have time to be released in a good shape. And that's the best news you can read!

As for Universo Virtual, it is now giving the final step to be a proper game studio, albeit very small, but in a good shape to avoid the weaknesses found during the MM development. Stay tuned for more news. :)

As for pity, I don't pity myself. If anything and considering all the cards, I can only praise my luck. In fact, the curse of Magna Mundi as a project is the bless of Universo Virtual as a studio. But I pity dysfunctional relations for instance. I pity those who choose a path of fear before attempting a path of trust. I pity a lack of directness specially as that forces me to be opaque to the extreme. I make a point for never delivering the same that is delivered to me. I always attempt very hard to give much more. Which can be good news or bad news for the receiver, for me and for anyone involved.

Bottom line is: Universo Virtual and Team Magna Mundi are committed to deliver and support a great product for years to come and that is what you all are going to experience.

I don't know anything else, but I like to mock ubik and this entire project.

EDIT:  My hope is that PI will sue UV, or the other way around for some sort of breach of contract.  More likely from the context, ubik would be suing former contributors/employees.

Faeelin

So in other words, the professional modders all got bored :).

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

Yes. A Greek city states game.
Or Rome done well.
Also nice would be a properly designed WW1 game.

Though most likely is HOI4. Which hopefully won't suck.
██████
██████
██████

sbr

KRonn

I'm kind of hoping that Magna Mundi gets made ok. Looked pretty good from what I saw.

sbr

Good luck.

Now almost 3 months after Going Gold in 24 Hours! they are almost to a point where they have  "a game that can be played for a fair amount of time without crashes or blockers."

:lol:  :insert burning spitfire gif:

Tamas

meh, I can't help but feel pity for them.
I guess Paradox adopted a more cut-throat business approach toward them than they expected? Not that it is an excuse for a slow development, but these are guys who started with this out of fandom, dedication and trying to create. It must suck big time to experience this bumpy road.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

dps

Quote from: sbr on April 28, 2012, 09:02:18 PM
I think EU4 comes before HOI4.

I think that both are inevitable, but I'm not sure about the order.

sbr

Quote from: dps on May 06, 2012, 07:42:52 PM

I am basing that on EU3 coming before HOI3.

Also EU3 made the EU franchise more popular while HOI3 almost killed HOI.

Habsburg

This is like asking who will make The Girl with the Dragon Tatto AGAIN?

Evil Spock

Quote from: sbr on May 06, 2012, 11:17:36 PM

HoI3 FTM 3.06 or whatever is actually quite fun and relatively bug-free. Microing 300+ divisions on the ostfront is exhausting though. I do it in hour long shifts before my eyes and wrist gives out.

Josquius

Quote from: sbr on May 06, 2012, 11:17:36 PM

I'd say that's probally an argument for HOI4.
With the rubbish HOI3 as the latest and most up to date HOI it will make for quite a bad introudction to the series for new players and put a lot of people off trying it. EU3 meanwhile remains well regarded and should keep selling.
██████
██████
██████

Faeelin

My concern is that Paradox doesn't seem to get what's wrong with HOI3, which is that America and the Pacific theater in general are broken.

They just want to play with the Eastern Front.