Main Menu

A trip down memory lane

Started by Richard Hakluyt, April 20, 2012, 07:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Scipio on April 20, 2012, 10:00:56 PM
Christ, I miss Top Cat.

Selfish bastard, leaving us.

Although, I think if he knew how much of a left turn Languish has taken in recent years, he would've come back.

Edit:  I think when he overwhelmingly won the "You're Straight But If You Had To Do A Gay Guy On The Forum Which Gay Would It Be" poll, it made him immensely uncomfortable.  :lol:

Tamas

Crazy_Ivan80

a great post that.
and the meme pops up here and there occassionally.

Octavian

I believe the whole knife and disadvantage thing is something Bruce Lee once said or wrote in his notes.  What he meant wasn't that the untrained guy with the knife was now a weaker opponent. Far from it since the knife is a game changer. But that he had limited himself because his main focus is now on his knife and not on the rest of his weapons (legs, arms). It's been 10 or so years since I read or heard the quote but I believe it was something like that.

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Pedrito

That thread makes me feel nostalgic about Paradox forums. I lurked more than posted, but was a very funny lurking.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

CountDeMoney

Too many Euroweenies over there. *shudder*

They're more than happy to call you a Nazi, but you call them on their America-hating anti-semitism, and  :banned:

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 21, 2012, 08:18:37 AM

They're more than happy to call you a Nazi, but you call them on their America-hating anti-semitism, and  :banned:

That and the bag of fetuses thing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Larch

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 21, 2012, 08:18:37 AM

You're totally out of the loop, thinly veiled xenophobia is all the rage there nowadays. America hatin' is soooo 2004.

CountDeMoney

I did so enjoy poking the Russian fanbois from time to time.

Man, you'd have thought it was Berlin 1945 after I said the T-34 was the last effective weapons platform the Russians ever had.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 21, 2012, 06:16:11 PM
I did so enjoy poking the Russian fanbois from time to time.

Man, you'd have thought it was Berlin 1945 after I said the T-34 was the last effective weapons platform the Russians ever had.

The problem with Russian equipment is that it's usually maned by Russians or some other third worlders.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Sheilbh

The fact that thread's been locked to stop bumping seems a sad comment on EUOT :(
Let's bomb Russia!

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Razgovory