No laughing matter: Fear of clowns is serious issue

Started by jimmy olsen, April 22, 2012, 05:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

I always found the phrase "bring on the clowns" charged with a certain amount of ambiguity.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Say what you will about clowns, but they got nothing on mimes.  Fucking no-talking freaks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5srwCNx2Ti0

Sheilbh

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 23, 2012, 09:39:30 PM
Say what you will about clowns, but they got nothing on mimes.  Fucking no-talking freaks.

<_<
QuoteTo mime is to literally embody and therefore understand better. A person who handles bricks all day long reaches a point where he no longer knows what he is handling. It has become an automatic part of his physical life. If he is asked to mime the object, he rediscovers the meaning of the object, its weight and volume. This has interesting consequences for our teaching method: miming is a way of rediscovering a thing with renewed freshness...
Let's bomb Russia!

mongers

garbon

The mimes I saw at Easter were not freaky, just disrespectful.  Meanwhile, clowns brought us the ICP and Juggalos. I think the evidence is clear on who has damaged society more.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: mongers on April 23, 2012, 09:32:44 PM
I always found the phrase "bring on the clowns" charged with a certain amount of ambiguity.  :(

Always been clear to me. Bring on the fools who will fill you with revulsion.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 23, 2012, 09:42:18 PM

<_<
QuoteTo mime is to literally embody and therefore understand better. A person who handles bricks all day long reaches a point where he no longer knows what he is handling. It has become an automatic part of his physical life. If he is asked to mime the object, he rediscovers the meaning of the object, its weight and volume. This has interesting consequences for our teaching method: miming is a way of rediscovering a thing with renewed freshness...

Oh, blow it out your walking-in-the-wind.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on April 23, 2012, 09:48:28 PM

No that would be  "Let congress convene"

garbon

Quote from: mongers on April 23, 2012, 09:51:59 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 23, 2012, 09:48:28 PM

No that would be  "Let congress convene"

No shame and revulsion are separate emotions.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 23, 2012, 10:04:38 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 23, 2012, 09:06:59 PM
Don't think anybody appreciated the mushroom clown. :(
I liked it! :)

:cool:

And while I was fishing for compliments a little bit, I mainly wanted to take the opportunity to say "mushroom clown" which I thought of after the original post.  :D
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Capetan Mihali

One of my strongest early childhood memories: throwing up all over my dinosaur T-shirt at the Big Apple Circus from the excitement/anxiety of seeing the clowns up close, and then obsessing over "Grandma Clown" for the next couple of years.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 23, 2012, 09:49:09 PM

<_<

at least the use of landmimes has been outlawed.

grumbler

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on April 24, 2012, 06:09:21 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 23, 2012, 09:49:09 PM

<_<

at least the use of landmimes has been outlawed.

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!