Main Menu

STAR TREK

Started by Phillip V, May 05, 2009, 09:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Korea on May 07, 2009, 11:33:21 PM
I enjoyed it. It was a bit predictable in all the wrong places though. And the Romulans seemed like part dirty mexican/part mobster. I did not care for Captain Nero at all.
Really? I totally didn't expect the bad guys plan to be successful.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DontSayBanana

Quote from: grumbler on May 07, 2009, 08:26:46 PM
[snip incoherent Grumbler rant]
If you bothered reading my post, I was talking about the grading system Tim would use. Elementary schools and junior high schools use the 7-point scale all the time. I wasn't talking about college; all the college courses I've seen were either 10-point scale, flat letter grade, or pass/fail.
Experience bij!

Grey Fox

Using letters is retarded anyway.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

grumbler

Quote from: DontSayBanana on May 08, 2009, 05:47:35 AM
(snip defensive DSB whine that still managed to be insulting on a juvenile basis)
If you had bothered reading my post, you would have seen that I noted never having seen the 7-point scale before, and asked where you had gotten it (and the title of "Traditional US Grading Tutorial").  Whining that Tim may use a seven-point scale (when, in fact, he may not) isn't an answer to the question.

If you don't want to answer the question, fine.  But don't attribute your failure to answer on the argument that there was anything "incoherent" about:

1. "I've never heard of the "Traditional US Grading Tutorial" (nor is it in google) nor have I ever (AFAICR) taken a course below college level that used anything like this scale."

2. "Kinda curious where you got it from" or

3. "This "modified" grading scale (it isn't a grading "method") is called the College Board Grading Scale and is used pretty much uniformly throughout the US."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 08, 2009, 06:43:24 AM
Calling the use of letter grades "retarded" is retarded.

It is all arbitrary.  So long as any system is understood, it works.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Grey Fox

Quote from: grumbler on May 08, 2009, 06:55:01 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 08, 2009, 06:43:24 AM
Calling the use of letter grades "retarded" is retarded.

It is all arbitrary.  So long as any system is understood, it works.

Alright.

Is it understood tho? A's is excellent, C's alright & D's failure no? but it seems the grading % doesn't quite show that.

In school, I always tried to get above 70.

Caliga

Quote from: Siege on May 08, 2009, 12:28:25 AM
Ok, she was hott.

The Borg Queen was much hotter when she was a banshee in Ghost Story. :perv:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 08, 2009, 07:07:09 AMIn school, I always tried to get above 70.

errr... in school, I always tried to get above 99.  :cool:

Grey Fox

Quote from: Caliga on May 08, 2009, 07:32:53 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 08, 2009, 07:07:09 AMIn school, I always tried to get above 70.

I was never an over achiever.

Razgovory

Quote from: DontSayBanana on May 08, 2009, 05:47:35 AM
Quote from: grumbler on May 07, 2009, 08:26:46 PM
[snip incoherent Grumbler rant]
If you bothered reading my post, I was talking about the grading system Tim would use. Elementary schools and junior high schools use the 7-point scale all the time. I wasn't talking about college; all the college courses I've seen were either 10-point scale, flat letter grade, or pass/fail.

What the fuck are you talkin about?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on May 08, 2009, 07:32:53 AM

I always did the extra credit too, so I could be lazy later.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 08, 2009, 07:39:29 AMI was never an over achiever.

How is that being an overachiever?  :huh:

Oh wait, I forgot: French.  :)

"Mais oui, we should have a better army so we can stop being conquered by the Germans every generation."
"OVERACHIEVER!"

Grey Fox

I am NOT : Zoupa.

Caliga