Main Menu

STAR TREK

Started by Phillip V, May 05, 2009, 09:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: HVC on May 07, 2009, 03:35:00 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 07, 2009, 03:26:59 PM
Quote from: Neil on May 07, 2009, 03:04:48 PM

Because it's untrustworthy.  It gave King Kong an 84%, for heaven's sake.

Movie critics are scum.
How dare they give it such a low score! :mad:
I finally saw that movie. or part of it at least. had to change the channel it sucked so bad.
Your taste in movies is worse than Hive's.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

vinraith

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 07, 2009, 03:42:07 PM
Quote from: vinraith on May 07, 2009, 03:00:22 PM
None of which is to say this isn't a good sci fi flick, it might well be. I'm just not sure how it could be a good Star Trek flick.
I don't care if it's a good sci fi flick if it's a good film. 

Which is completely fair. I have a hard time getting past the name of the movie (and the names of the characters), plain and simple.

Oh, and I also have a hard time with how fucking goofy Zachary Quinto looks as a vulcan. Does that bug anyone else?

Delirium

He did look pretty weird. And that voice just isn't right.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Ed Anger

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 07, 2009, 03:42:41 PM

it appears that people need to smack you around more on this forum.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 07, 2009, 03:50:45 PM

:lol: I teach 8th graders, do you really think you guys are gonna bother me much?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: HVC on May 07, 2009, 03:35:00 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 07, 2009, 03:26:59 PM
Quote from: Neil on May 07, 2009, 03:04:48 PM

Because it's untrustworthy.  It gave King Kong an 84%, for heaven's sake.

Movie critics are scum.
How dare they give it such a low score! :mad:
I finally saw that movie. or part of it at least. had to change the channel it sucked so bad.
Wrong.  You're a fanboy.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 07, 2009, 03:52:05 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 07, 2009, 03:50:45 PM

:lol: I teach 8th graders, do you really think you guys are gonna bother me much?

if we tried. oh yes, if we tried harder, somebody would make you cry in your Pikachu pillow.

vinraith

Quote from: Delirium on May 07, 2009, 03:49:45 PM

I don't think I've actually heard him talk in any of the trailers I've seen. Is he trying to do a Nimoy impression and failing?

Neil

It's also funny how DeForest Kelly was always a skinny guy with a slight stoop, not even a little bit imposing.  On the other hand, the new McCoy could tear the rest of the cast limb from limb like they were a bunch of Uruk-hai.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Berkut

Quote from: vinraith on May 07, 2009, 03:56:38 PM

I don't think I've actually heard him talk in any of the trailers I've seen. Is he trying to do a Nimoy impression and failing?

To give him some benefit of the doubt though....how in the hell do you fill Leonard Nimoys shoes?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

Quote from: Berkut on May 07, 2009, 04:02:16 PM

To give him some benefit of the doubt though....how in the hell do you fill Leonard Nimoys shoes?

With shaving cream if you are William Shatner.

vinraith

The obvious answer is you don't try. Of course, that's kind of my thought on recasting all these parts, it's always struck me as a bad idea. Nobody's going to out-Shatner Shatner, for example.

That said it's less that he doesn't look like Nimoy (which I wouldn't expect) than that he just looks odd in that make up in my opinion. As I said I haven't heard him speak in character, so I can't comment on that part.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: vinraith on May 07, 2009, 04:12:51 PM

Nobody's going to out-Shatner Shatner, for example.
WHAT...are you talking...about?

1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

Quote from: Neil on May 07, 2009, 04:00:34 PM
It's also funny how DeForest Kelly was always a skinny guy with a slight stoop, not even a little bit imposing.  On the other hand, the new McCoy could tear the rest of the cast limb from limb like they were a bunch of Uruk-hai.

Well he does have practice at it.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

Quote from: katmai on May 07, 2009, 04:41:50 PM
Quote from: Neil on May 07, 2009, 04:00:34 PM

Well he does have practice at it.
And then there was that time he beat up the Rock.