Main Menu

STAR TREK

Started by Phillip V, May 05, 2009, 09:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Neil on May 06, 2009, 07:10:39 AM
Quote from: Tyr on May 06, 2009, 03:38:13 AM
ST reboot is a wonderous idea.
Rebooting any franchise is a stupid idea.  Never once has it produced something that didn't suck.

Batman?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 06, 2009, 07:18:54 AM
Rebooting any franchise is a stupid idea.  Never once has it produced something that didn't suck.

Batman?
Inferior to the original.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

Batman?

Also, there's the new Superman, which, while it wasn't as good as the Batman reboot, was FAR AND AWAY better than Superman 4. :bleeding: ^ :bleeding:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Neil

Quote from: Caliga on May 06, 2009, 07:22:42 AM

Batman?

Also, there's the new Superman, which, while it wasn't as good as the Batman reboot, was FAR AND AWAY better than Superman 4. :bleeding: ^ :bleeding:
But not as good as Superman or Superman II.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Delirium

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Caliga

Quote from: Neil on May 06, 2009, 07:26:34 AM
But not as good as Superman or Superman II.

Can't argue with that.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Cerr

Well the Batman film made in 1989 could be considered a reboot too.
There's at least two Batman films that were made before the 1989 version:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(1966_film)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0041162/

I'm going to see the new Star Trek film on Friday but the time travel story sounds a bit crap from what I've heard.

Neil

Neil

Quote from: Cerr on May 06, 2009, 07:43:30 AM
Not at all.  Both films were based on the comics of the time.  They were both faithful adaptations of the existing comics, and were separated by a generation.

Josquius

Quote from: Caliga on May 06, 2009, 07:22:42 AM

The new Superman wasn't really a reboot though. It took the first 2 films as canon and just pretended what came after that didn't happen (or was it only 4 they ignored?)

And Batman Begins was rather good. Dark Knight was so-so but Begins trounces the 80s/90s series.
██████
██████
██████

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Neil on May 06, 2009, 07:15:56 AM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 05, 2009, 10:40:18 PM
The moment they introduced time travel into Star Trek, it was all downhill. Yes, it was season 3, IIRC.
I think that it was alright until it became routine.  They did it twice in TOS and once in TNG.  When I really started to get annoyed was in DS9, when they introduced the department of Temporal Investigations.  All of the sudden we were doing more and more time travel, and as I understand it, there was a whole storyline about it in the Enterprise show (which I have never watched).
I think the entire plot of Enterprise revolved around a 'Temporal Cold War' or some really really really stupid crap like that. 
PDH!

grumbler

The 1949 Batman was a serial, not a movie.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Cerr

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 06, 2009, 08:11:25 AM
The moment they introduced time travel into Star Trek, it was all downhill. Yes, it was season 3, IIRC.
I think that it was alright until it became routine.  They did it twice in TOS and once in TNG.  When I really started to get annoyed was in DS9, when they introduced the department of Temporal Investigations.  All of the sudden we were doing more and more time travel, and as I understand it, there was a whole storyline about it in the Enterprise show (which I have never watched).
I think the entire plot of Enterprise revolved around a 'Temporal Cold War' or some really really really stupid crap like that.
I haven't seen all the episodes but I think that storyline ended in second season. The third season was about the Xindi and the fourth was mainly about the birth of the federation.

Cerr

Quote from: grumbler on May 06, 2009, 08:17:31 AM
The 1949 Batman was a serial, not a movie.
Ah ok.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Cerr on May 06, 2009, 08:26:33 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 06, 2009, 08:11:25 AM
I haven't seen all the episodes but I think that storyline ended in second season. The third season was about the Xindi and the fourth was mainly about the birth of the federation.
Meh, it was still a dominant part.  But the series was so awful that that was no surprise.  In the end they couldn't even let it stand on its own and had to have a TNG tie in.
PDH!