News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STAR TREK

Started by Phillip V, May 05, 2009, 09:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinraith

Quote from: katmai on May 05, 2009, 11:13:40 PM
looking at summer movie schedule there isn't really anything out there that demands i go check it out really. Can't recall last summer that didn't have one thing i was really looking forward to.

It's pretty sparse, isn't it? I figure the wife will want to see UP, and Pixar's never bad so that's fine, but there's nothing I'm particularly excited about in the entire pile and that's very unusual.

katmai

Quote from: vinraith on May 05, 2009, 11:15:13 PM
looking at summer movie schedule there isn't really anything out there that demands i go check it out really. Can't recall last summer that didn't have one thing i was really looking forward to.

It's pretty sparse, isn't it? I figure the wife will want to see UP, and Pixar's never bad so that's fine, but there's nothing I'm particularly excited about in the entire pile and that's very unusual.

Yeah Hangover looks like some potential, Public Enemies from Michael Mann has promise, but could turn out to be like Miami Vice instead of Heat.

I mean i'm sure i'll be compelled to go check out the GeeWhizbang movies (Transformers, GI JoE, Harry Potter) by friends but all in all it is kinda meh.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Siege

What is this thread about?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Siege on May 05, 2009, 11:33:04 PM

New Star Trek movie out on Thursday. Will probably suck, but a lot of us will see it regardless, just for peace of mind.
Experience bij!

Siege

It'll probably suck, but I'll see it regardless.

Oh wait, did somebody say that already?

vinraith

Quote from: Siege on May 05, 2009, 11:33:04 PM

The new Star Wars prequel.

Siege

Georgr Lucas sukcs.

vinraith

Quote from: katmai on May 05, 2009, 11:18:39 PM
Quote from: vinraith on May 05, 2009, 11:15:13 PM

Yeah Hangover looks like some potential, Public Enemies from Michael Mann has promise, but could turn out to be like Miami Vice instead of Heat.

I mean i'm sure i'll be compelled to go check out the GeeWhizbang movies (Transformers, GI JoE, Harry Potter) by friends but all in all it is kinda meh.

I can understand the others just on a "something to see" basis, but the GI Joe trailers look painfully bad. Out of all the big budget special-effects fests this summer (including the topic of this thread) that one looks like it'd be the hardest to sit through to me.

Siege

Crazy_Ivan80

oh right, you americans can't write dates correctly. Thought it was months away.

it's DD/MM/YYYY!

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on May 06, 2009, 01:10:17 AM
oh right, you americans can't write dates correctly. Thought it was months away.

it's DD/MM/YYYY!

You can write the dates that way for movies from your country. :)
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Viking

Time Travel does screw up the future time line. They can re-write all of the subsequent history we have already watched.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Delirium

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Viking

Quote from: Delirium on May 06, 2009, 03:34:06 AM

I hate it when that happens....
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josquius

ST reboot is a wonderous idea.
Doing it with time travel....probally not.

Quoteoh right, you americans can't write dates correctly. Thought it was months away.

it's DD/MM/YYYY!
Or year-month-day.
Month-day-year is just plain illogical.
██████
██████
██████