News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STAR TREK

Started by Phillip V, May 05, 2009, 09:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 27, 2023, 01:07:33 PMAs I recall the speech it was that there was no need for money and they had eliminated want.
They have unlimited resources thanks to the replicators and infinite energy supply while on planet.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

This was a quite fun finale, though I thought the side plot for Tendi felt very forced in. We'll see how that plays out.

Some lovely references and jokes and in-jokea in there (won't spoil them) as well as tying back to some earlier episodes of the season.

Also, I love when Trek starts with "Previously on ..." "And now the conclusion" :wub:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

I just don't see it.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

I finally got to the musical episode of Strange New Worlds. I like musicals, I like TV, I even like musical TV shows like My Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.

I don't see why regular TV shows need musical episodes.<_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

It was hilarious to start with, didn't know it was coming, but really slumps in the middle before ending funny again-the klingons :lol:.
Kind of typical of a lot of trek episodes really. Or hell. Mediocre films in general.

Strange new worlds really is shaping up to be a competitor for best trek series ever. It's not there yet. But another few good series and we will talk.
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

I loved that episode

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on December 12, 2023, 02:30:12 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on December 12, 2023, 02:28:34 PMI loved that episode

Why?

I thought it was entertaining. And I was very impressed with the singing ability of those actors. 

I would have enjoyed it less if it had been dubbed.  But that was them.  Very impressive.

Syt

First two episodes of Discovery's 5th and final season are out. It's all right. If you don't like Discovery it will not change your mind.

Always glad to hear Elias Toufexis's voice, though.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

I notice ST series are back on netflix.
So Paramount+ has admitted failure? :unsure:
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

It was good to see them go to Tatooine.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Quote from: Josquius on April 05, 2024, 08:40:22 AMI notice ST series are back on netflix.
So Paramount+ has admitted failure? :unsure:
Kinda.  Sorta.
 Prodigy on Netflix after Paramount+ cancellation

QuoteSeason 1 of Star Trek: Prodigy, which was previously available on Paramount+, will be released on Netflix later in 2023. The second season, currently in production, will debut on Netflix in 2024. Excluded from the deal are Canada, where Prodigy is carried by CTV.ca and the CTV App, and in SkyShowtime's European territories: the Nordics, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain and Central and Eastern Europe.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

I noticed DS9 too.

Prodigy I have t watched past episode one. Does it get decent?
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Quote from: Josquius on April 06, 2024, 06:44:14 PMI noticed DS9 too.

Prodigy I have t watched past episode one. Does it get decent?
Barrister loves it, I believe.
I don't like the animation.