News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STAR TREK

Started by Phillip V, May 05, 2009, 09:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Carol Kane will be the new chief engineer on SNW. :wub:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

I love Carol Kane - but she's pretty ancient at this point (yup - 70 years old).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Hopefully there'll be a hallucination scene where she beats pike with random objects.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Barrister on January 16, 2023, 01:15:22 PMI love Carol Kane - but she's pretty ancient at this point (yup - 70 years old).
Younger than I would have thought.
PDH!

Josquius

Slowly watching through strange new worlds.
I haven't seen all of TOS so it's hard to know when stuff is meant to be a prequel for that vs just having a weird open ending.
Just finished an episode about aliens somehow living on a volcano world (is it their home world or...?) with a child sacrifice machine. Really feels like a prequel. No ending. Apparently not however.
██████
██████
██████

Tonitrus

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on January 19, 2023, 08:33:08 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 16, 2023, 01:15:22 PMI love Carol Kane - but she's pretty ancient at this point (yup - 70 years old).
Younger than I would have thought.

I would hope, by ST's time, technology would make 70 the new 30.

FunkMonk

https://trekmovie.com/2023/02/10/spoiler-free-review-the-final-season-of-star-trek-picard-sticks-the-landing/

Picard season 3 is supposedly actually really good. The "Undiscovered Country" for the TNG era.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Barrister

Quote from: FunkMonk on February 10, 2023, 08:25:54 AMhttps://trekmovie.com/2023/02/10/spoiler-free-review-the-final-season-of-star-trek-picard-sticks-the-landing/

Picard season 3 is supposedly actually really good. The "Undiscovered Country" for the TNG era.

Undiscovered Country is perhaps my favourite Trek movie, so that's high praise.

But the review is also on trekmovie.com - hardly unbiased.

I kind of liked season 1, but didn't even bother to watch season 2.  So we'll see.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

Quote from: Barrister on February 10, 2023, 11:04:57 AMI kind of liked season 1, but didn't even bother to watch season 2.  So we'll see.

Good for you, season 2 was possibly the worst season of TV Trek I've ever watched. And I've only missed Enterprise.

Josquius

Quote from: celedhring on February 10, 2023, 11:23:37 AM
Quote from: Barrister on February 10, 2023, 11:04:57 AMI kind of liked season 1, but didn't even bother to watch season 2.  So we'll see.

Good for you, season 2 was possibly the worst season of TV Trek I've ever watched. And I've only missed Enterprise.

The most recent season of Discovery holds that accolade.
It lost its course towards the end but series 2 of Picard was pretty good, beat series 1.
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Both seasons one and two had their good moments and their not-so-good moments. I actually preferred two to one. But I look forward to three.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Well?

Good start. Looking forward to this season.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on February 10, 2023, 01:47:32 PMBoth seasons one and two had their good moments and their not-so-good moments. I actually preferred two to one. But I look forward to three.

Agreed.

viper37

Quote from: Josephus on February 17, 2023, 10:48:41 AMWell?

Indeed.
But Jonathan Frakes' acting bothers me more than during TNG's run.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josephus

Quote from: viper37 on February 17, 2023, 04:21:13 PM
Quote from: Josephus on February 17, 2023, 10:48:41 AMWell?

Indeed.
But Jonathan Frakes' acting bothers me more than during TNG's run.

Yes. You want to smack that silly grin off him.
Civis Romanus Sum