News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STAR TREK

Started by Phillip V, May 05, 2009, 09:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

Well, I keep hoping Star Trek movies are going to be like First Contact.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Brazen

Does this count as an odd-numbered one?

katmai

Quote from: Brazen on May 06, 2009, 04:04:28 AM

Numero 11 iirc.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Brazen

Viking

Quote from: Brazen on May 06, 2009, 04:09:16 AM
Quote from: katmai on May 06, 2009, 04:08:05 AM
Quote from: Brazen on May 06, 2009, 04:04:28 AM

Numero 11 iirc.
It's doomed :weep:

They may call it 11, but in a way it is the first, all the other ones shift one and the odds become evens and evens become odds.. confused yet?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Darth Wagtaros

These days I only go to matinees, and that is how I will see this, primarily because friends asked.  I have no great desire to see it myself, especially after hearing that it involves time travel. 
PDH!

Grey Fox

I'd like to see it. Maybe my dad will come with me.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Quote from: Tyr on May 06, 2009, 03:38:13 AM
ST reboot is a wonderous idea.
Rebooting any franchise is a stupid idea.  Never once has it produced something that didn't suck.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 06, 2009, 06:11:02 AM
These days I only go to matinees, and that is how I will see this, primarily because friends asked.  I have no great desire to see it myself, especially after hearing that it involves time travel.

That makes me want to see it even more.  Please please please tell me there's a DeLorean in the movie  :w00t: *fingers crossed*
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Neil

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 05, 2009, 10:40:18 PM
The moment they introduced time travel into Star Trek, it was all downhill. Yes, it was season 3, IIRC.
I think that it was alright until it became routine.  They did it twice in TOS and once in TNG.  When I really started to get annoyed was in DS9, when they introduced the department of Temporal Investigations.  All of the sudden we were doing more and more time travel, and as I understand it, there was a whole storyline about it in the Enterprise show (which I have never watched).
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Eddie Teach

I've enjoyed the Star Trek series in the past, but haven't studied them and won't be bothered by changes to the timeline. I expect I'll enjoy this movie.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?