News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New Star Trek series coming in 2017

Started by Syt, November 02, 2015, 01:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: celedhring on October 25, 2018, 02:49:11 PM
We talked a little about it on the TV thread I think.

Pensioner Picard doesn't really sound too cool. Then again, Michael Chabon as a writer for the show immediately perked my interest.

I'm not particularly aware of his work, though I did enjoy Yiddish Policemen's Union back when that book came out.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tonitrus

Yep...a peek at the archives show that garbon tipped it off.  :sleep:

celedhring

Quote from: Barrister on October 25, 2018, 02:55:40 PM

Pensioner Picard doesn't really sound too cool. Then again, Michael Chabon as a writer for the show immediately perked my interest.

I'm not particularly aware of his work, though I did enjoy Yiddish Policemen's Union back when that book came out.

Hasn't done much film/tv work, but he worked on Spiderman 2 which is in my top 3 superhero movies.

Plus The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay is a magnificent book.

garbon

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 25, 2018, 03:00:30 PM

Yep...a peek at the archives show that garbon tipped it off.  :sleep:
:showoff:

But you've been out wandering the moors as of late, so no doubt distracted. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

There are short Treks, 15 minutes mini shows available now.  Saw the first one.  Nice little episode centered on Tilly.

But... as far as character development goes, it feels empty.  I don't feel like Tilly is any different than she was before, I don't feel that it explains any kind of change she may have had during the run of the series either.

I'll still watch the next one in november though.  :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

Webisodes are like so. They never feel they can do anything as they have to consider the fans who don't watch.
Dr who is about the only show I can think of that did something big with one. But even that wasn't strictly necessary, could have been explained off screen too.
██████
██████
██████