News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

"What Did I Do to Deserve This?" - KoDP AAR

Started by Grinning_Colossus, April 18, 2012, 11:02:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on January 08, 2013, 01:41:47 PM
I've never played the game, but I suspect it was a bad idea to mess with the duck-people.

Yeah. If there is one rule to this game, it's "Don't fuck with the duck people". Seriously. :P

I have this game on my iPad but still haven't given it a serious try. Probably gonna save it for some vacation boredom, when I am away from my desktop computer.

Martinus

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on January 10, 2013, 03:09:58 PM
KoDP isn't working on my computer today, and will possibly never work again, so no update today or possibly ever again.

Get it for iPad/iPhone. The port is perfect.

Queequeg

QuoteIt's called Dragon Pass. They clearly inhabit a mountain valley. By analogy, the horse nomads are the Russians, and, judging by the reaction to them, the dragonnewts are Armenians. Kero Fin is Kazbegi.
Armenians would be followers of the Pharaoh, Tarshites would be Circassians, and the Horse Nomads would be Sarmatians, Alans and Turkic peoples.  I've played hundreds of hours of this game.  An all-time favorite. 

Actually, they're probably closest to someone like the Crimean Goths.  Stranded Germanic people surrounded by weird shit.   Maybe the Alans or some of the Turkic tribes of the Caucasus-a stranded people forced from their homeland making a new home in an alien environment.  I actually think the Slavs are a pretty close analog, particularly if you are more of a feasting-diplomacy clan. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

Quote from: Martinus on January 10, 2013, 04:19:35 PM
Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on January 10, 2013, 03:09:58 PM
KoDP isn't working on my computer today, and will possibly never work again, so no update today or possibly ever again.

Get it for iPad/iPhone. The port is perfect.
:yes:
Best app I have on the iPad that can't play My So-Called Life. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."