News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Harper: "Legalize It"

Started by Fireblade, April 16, 2012, 01:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on April 18, 2012, 12:38:43 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 18, 2012, 12:35:59 PM
Considering Canada is our #1 trading partner I would think there would be a powerful lobby against that sort of action.

Why - the US has already imposed drastically stricter border controls in the lst ten years despite zero evidence of any security threat coming from this country.  Imagine what you guys would do if you actually had a reason?

Exactly, Those Guys ( :P @ Grumbler) did drastically increase border security.  It is difficult to imagine what more those guys could do.  ie the horrible hypothetical regarding resticted border access has already occurred. 

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on April 18, 2012, 01:53:44 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 18, 2012, 01:51:33 PM
Valmy is not a US citizen.
The US government disagrees.
Who do you think knows better between grumbler and the US government vis-a-vis your citizenship?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on April 18, 2012, 01:21:37 PM
But as a voter, surely Valmy is one of those involved in making the rules.

No.  In the US, very few rules are created by voters.  We have legislatures and executives that make the rules, and all voters do is elect the legislators and top executives (who then appoint most of the other executives).  It isn't like ancient Athens or anything.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on April 18, 2012, 01:53:44 PM
Quote from: Neil on April 18, 2012, 01:51:33 PM
Valmy is not a US citizen.

The US government disagrees.
Who do you think knows better between Neil and the US government vis-a-vis your citizenship?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!