News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA 2012, SEC Uber Alles

Started by Ed Anger, February 01, 2012, 10:10:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: grumbler on April 11, 2012, 09:19:19 PM
The Big East: The Iron Islands. You could look at individual teams and compare them to individual houses, but what's the point. Both the Ironborn and the Big East live on the coast and like to think they are powerful and deserve respect, but most people ignore them until they get beaten. And when that happens, they turn around and smack them in the mouth until they run away. Both the Big East and the Ironborn like to claim great swathes of land, but have no hopes of actually holding on to any of it. It is tough to be surrounded by far more powerful kingdoms who could crush you with a sneeze.
[/quote]

Is there a good Westerosi analogy for "A Bridge Too Far"?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Now that is some nerdy ass shit.  :lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 12, 2012, 07:53:57 AM
Now that is some nerdy ass shit.  :lol: 

Indeed.  I'd have expected that to be posted here before anywhere else (though, if posted here, it wouldn't have been funny unless someone like you made it).  As soon as I saw this at MGoBlog I knew where it rightfully belonged.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers