News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

More on the War On Landlines

Started by CountDeMoney, April 13, 2012, 01:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

DontSayBanana

Living right by an airport, I can tell you one thing the wireless providers aren't going to want to come out publicly- they can never hit 100% coverage.  Radio cell traffic is prioritized in cells containing airports- when I worked in an industrial complex in the airport, I had to go outside the building and use it as a concrete block to stop the traffic conrtoller's radio from preventing my phone making a call.

Which leads to another issue- high-rises and big sprawling complexes are, by nature, always going to at least partially block cell phone signals.  I'm sure installing repeaters in all of them to ensure E911 service would actually be more expensive than just maintaining the wireline networks that they're whining about.
Experience bij!

Solmyr

Neil

Quote from: Solmyr on April 14, 2012, 07:34:34 AM
Landlines still exist? :huh: How 90s.
Sorry FunkMonk.  Martinus is on your side.  You lose.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 13, 2012, 10:07:10 PM
I revel in the whining of the landline establishment. The teeth gnashing from the old folks comforts my sense of youth and superiority.

Darth Funk. I like this asshole version.

Even though you young people suck.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

KRonn

I still have an old rotary dial phone in the cellar. It works but I leave it there as a curiosity.    :bowler:

I hate cell phones. Just don't like all the controls and crap on them. I just want to use the damn phone. And I hate having to re-charge equipment all the time.