A crazy idea... would there be an interest in EU RPG?

Started by Martinus, April 11, 2012, 04:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

I don't know if many people here still remember the EU RPG game that we played on Paradox forums. It was fun while it lasted but then kinda petered out. Now, playing CK2 has rekindled that in me. This may be a crazy on the spot idea that will die before it can take off, but...

To limit the number of playable entities and provinces, we could treat each de jure Duchy as a single province and only let Dukes and Kings be playable or something...

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

Have you ever played any board-based rpg? Essentially it was like that, only with a strategic element.

Each player started a thread representing his court (e.g. Kingdom of England, Duchy of Burgundy etc.) where people would post arrivals of envoys etc., stuff happening and whatnot - more or less elaborate/novel-ish, depending on ability and time.

At the same time, each country/province would have states/add up to increase someone's gold (which could be used to buy mercs), and give a certain number of troops. Each turn lasted one week and at the end of the week everyone would send their orders (assuming they were at war) to a moderator, to represent the movement of their troops. Any battles and sieges would then be resolved and so on.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sophie Scholl

I remember being involved a few such things.  Quite fun at the time, and I'd potentially be up for something again.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

Drakken

Having Johan excommunicated as the Pope were fun times.

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."