Woman goes to ER, kicked out for trespassing, dies in jail.

Started by jimmy olsen, April 02, 2012, 04:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: HVC on April 03, 2012, 08:07:15 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 03, 2012, 08:00:17 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 03, 2012, 07:33:31 PM
garbon is defensive because he made good money being part of the problem with healthcare.

Yep market research is a big part of the problem.
the big conspiracy machine needs every cog :P

:D

@CC - Yes, it generally is a good idea to use Raz's analysis...not! :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

I am waiting for your excuse/reasoning Garbon.  In the absence of that Raz's observation is better than your silence.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on April 03, 2012, 08:00:17 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 03, 2012, 07:33:31 PM
garbon is defensive because he made good money being part of the problem with healthcare.

Yep market research is a big part of the problem.

For a pharmaceutical company?  Sure as hell is. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

The problem with healthcare is with doctor and hospital expenses, not with pharmaceuticals. Generics aren't that expensive and the brand spanking new ones are subsidized if people really can't afford them.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

And who subsides them, Ed?  The money has to come from somewhere.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Lucidor

There is no simple blood test for blood clots. Contrary to belief this far in the thread, a blood clot is a more serious matter than a fracture. ER docs are on the lookout for it. It is an emergency room matter, and not a family medicine matter.

There is one blood test that may be helpful in diagnosing them, the D-dimer, but that one is elevated in many other conditions, such as trauma. Most of the time ruling out a blood clot a matter of radiology. The two options available are a phlebography (takes time to get done in an ER setting, contrast load to the kidneys, risk of allergy, radiation to the body) or an ultrasound (takes time to get done in an ER setting, less accurate on distal clots).

Ergo: If you don't have a history pointing to a DVT, you don't look for it. Perhaps she was drunk/not giving a good history. Perhaps the ER doctor was negligent.

EDIT: reading more than I read yesterday, I see most points above have been adressed. Sorry.

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 03, 2012, 05:36:37 PM
Quote from: grumbler on April 03, 2012, 05:22:47 PM
Since no one is claiming that a doctor has "to be a family practice doctor or a internist to give a test for blood clotting," I don't see what this comment has to do with anything.

Oh good, another Grumbler semantic dodge.
You might want to consider looking up "semantic" before trying to argue that my statement has to do with anything "semantic."  ;)

QuoteFyi the doctors dont actually do the tests.  The doctors order the tests.
Now this is a "semantic dodge."  ;)

QuoteMaybe American emergency doctors are so ill trained that they cannot deal with blood clots.  That would be surprising though.  Do you have a link or are you just making this up?

Actually, it is your argument, so I will ask you: do you have a link or are you just making this up?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on April 03, 2012, 08:59:14 PM

wut? I don't think I posted in this thread.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 04, 2012, 10:02:20 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 03, 2012, 08:59:14 PM

wut? I don't think I posted in this thread.

Sorry, that was for Eddie Teach.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

See CC, you need to get Grumbler to take a principled stand and ignore you.  Then you can say anything you want about him and he won't respond.  Then you won't get drawn into one his "I'm rubber your glue" arguments.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Razgovory on April 04, 2012, 10:32:56 AM
See CC, you need to get Grumbler to take a principled stand and ignore you.  Then you can say anything you want about him and he won't respond.  Then you won't get drawn into one his "I'm rubber your glue" arguments.

I noticed that Grumbler once again wishes to go down a semantic rabbit hole to avoid the idiocy of his first statments that this sort of thing could not be diagnosed by a emergency room physician because rather surprisingly emergency room physicians are not able to do so.  That sort of uniformed comment should be corrected.  Now that it has I can ignore the rest of Grumbler's foolishness.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive