News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Michael Savage Banned from the UK

Started by alfred russel, May 05, 2009, 10:01:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Frankly, I am stunned that Marty would make this be all about homosexuality. I certainly did not see that one coming.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on May 12, 2009, 07:55:54 PM
When I tlk to my relatives, i respond to what they say.  I don't respond "you are just saying that because you are my brother!"

If it is true, why wouldn't one? :huh:

For instance "You are just saying that because you are my mother."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Besides that is not what I was talking about, but rather that one naturally takes into account one's audience when responding.  I'm not going to react in the same way with say my sister as I would if speaking to my father, because we have different shared histories
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on May 13, 2009, 09:02:48 AM
If it is true, why wouldn't one? :huh:
Because, if it is true, one cannot know it. Only one's brother knows this.

QuoteFor instance "You are just saying that because you are my mother."
Because such utterances are pathetic bleating, and I have too much respect for myself to indulge in such.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on May 13, 2009, 09:10:49 AM
Besides that is not what I was talking about, but rather that one naturally takes into account one's audience when responding.  I'm not going to react in the same way with say my sister as I would if speaking to my father, because we have different shared histories
No one is, but then no one was arguing that.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on May 13, 2009, 12:28:25 PM
No one is, but then no one was arguing that.

So can you explain what you mean then? Because that's what I think your bit about not replying to posters means and that's why I'm confused.

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on May 13, 2009, 12:27:36 PM
Because such utterances are pathetic bleating, and I have too much respect for myself to indulge in such.

If overused, sure.  But I wasn't suggesting that.

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on May 13, 2009, 12:31:27 PM
So can you explain what you mean then? Because that's what I think your bit about not replying to posters means and that's why I'm confused.
I don't think I can explain it so that you can understand it, if you don't understand what I have said so far... at least, explain it within a reasonable amount of lifespan spent.

Sorry. Put the blame on me.

Bayraktar!

garbon

Okay, I'll ask better when I have time later.