Man wins injunction against Google after auto-complete web search ruins his life

Started by jimmy olsen, March 29, 2012, 07:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Admiral Yi

Can you elaborate on what makes him an asshole?  I thought he was just a running back with a pretty face that got every bone in his body broken by Da Bears.

MadBurgerMaker

Well the latest thing that catapulted way back up the list of most hated former football players in Texas was the Mike Leach thing, along with the Pony Excess interview.  He also sucks sucked horribly as an announcer.  Back before that that, there was the whole thing that made the Pony Excess thing possible (taking payments for playing and being part of the absolute destruction of SMU football). 

He also ran for US Senate.  Asshole.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 30, 2012, 12:06:45 AM
He also ran for US Senate.  Asshole.

Isn't he an uber Christian fundie Republican, like if Rick Santorum and Steve Largent had a love child, or something?

MadBurgerMaker

MadImmortalMan

When I'm in a bad mood I go to google and type in "mark may is" and see what autocomplete gives me. Then I feel better.

Whatever happened to "I'm Feeling Lucky" anyway?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

Barack Obama is your new bicycle.
George Bush is a reptilian alien.
Bill Clinton is a brony.
Ronald Reagan is the devil.
Abraham Lincoln is black.

Seems only Presidents get the interesting ones. Other political figures just get "idiot" "douchebag" "gay" etc.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 30, 2012, 04:38:11 PM
When I'm in a bad mood I go to google and type in "mark may is" and see what autocomplete gives me. Then I feel better.

Whatever happened to "I'm Feeling Lucky" anyway?

Mark May sucks dicks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

I've read this before. It is strange stuff- typing my name into google brings up results largely belonging to undesirables. And I have a fairly uncommon name- I'd hope employers wouldn't instantly assume this stuff is me.
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

I just learned my last name is an English bastardization of a welsh name. :x
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ideologue on March 31, 2012, 09:47:31 AM
Evidently I both physically train people and bury them. :lol:

I am either a strongman, or an Indian Pacer.  :hmm:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 31, 2012, 02:43:42 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on March 31, 2012, 01:12:30 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on March 31, 2012, 09:47:31 AM
Evidently I both physically train people and bury them. :lol:

I am either a strongman, or an Indian Pacer.  :hmm:

Hello Detlef Schrempf.

I liked him when the Seattle Supersonics were a great team.  And existed.  :(

sbr

No auto-complete for my name, the long or shortened version.

Though there are apparently 12 people who share the long version of my name in the US, 3 in Oregon.  Whitepages.com seems to think there is a guy who shares my shortened name that live about a block from me. :ph34r:

There are also 3 mugshots with my name but none of them are mine.