Tenn. Science Bill Allowing Creationism In Schools Passes State Senate

Started by jimmy olsen, March 22, 2012, 01:28:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 28, 2012, 10:05:35 AM
Quote from: Viking on March 28, 2012, 08:40:41 AM
But in the 80s and early 90s the religius nutbags didn't have as much power as they do today and they were unable to deliver such religiously motivated crap. We had real Republican's back then rather than the american christian party of god.

Ever hear of the Moral Majority?

Yes, it was a whacko fringe group when I was a kid growing up in California (my parents has John Glenn bumper stickers), now their successors have extraordinary power in the republican party.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

PDH

Quote from: Viking on March 28, 2012, 03:24:33 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 28, 2012, 10:05:35 AM
Ever hear of the Moral Majority?

Yes, it was a whacko fringe group when I was a kid growing up in California (my parents has John Glenn bumper stickers), now their successors have extraordinary power in the republican party.

Valmy's fault.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Martinus

Btw, how do you allow creationism in schools? Are students allowed to create their own worlds and human beings or what?

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on March 29, 2012, 08:42:35 AM
Btw, how do you allow creationism in schools? Are students allowed to create their own worlds and human beings or what?
If a school system teaches creationism, it has to teach all creationism (otherwise the state is selecting which religions/beliefs are "right," which is unconstitutional).  That would take a long, long time.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!