News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Clémenceau, rest easy.

Started by Zoupa, March 29, 2012, 12:16:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoupa

I do believe our Norwegian friend was making a quip about how unreliable demographic projections are.

As for the subject of this thread, France is today at 65m and Germany at 81m, with opposite trends. Given those conditions, the gap could close by 2050, easily.

Admiral Yi

I completely missed the part about 2050.  My bad Puff. :face:

Viking

yes, I was referring to the fact that yemen is in the middle of a birth bulge while Russia is quickly killing off all it's men above 50 with unhealthy additives to home made spirits. This causes both countries to have screwed population growth rates with the russian population falling while the yemeni one grows.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 29, 2012, 03:14:47 AM
Or maybe Yemenis will be genetically engineered to require less water.  :hmm:

just desalinate them

Razgovory

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on March 29, 2012, 02:25:49 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 29, 2012, 12:35:52 AM
Okay.  I was just curious.  Good for France. :)
but bad for europe.

Why is that?  Are the French going to come screaming over the borders invading every other country?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Burn in hell, overpopulators.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Martinus

Only an idiot would make predictions 40 years into future based on today's trends alone. Since most journalists are idiots, I am not surprised this got traction.

Ed Anger

I will arrive there soon to plow the French fertile fields.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Zanza

After eight years of decline, Germany's population rose 2011 due to higher immigration from Eastern Europe.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 29, 2012, 10:01:30 AM
Qu'un sang impur   
Abreuve nos sillons ![/b]?

Quoteyes, I was referring to the fact that yemen is in the middle of a birth bulge while Russia is quickly killing off all it's men above 50 with unhealthy additives to home made spirits. This causes both countries to have screwed population growth rates with the russian population falling while the yemeni one grows.
Russia's also got a low birthrate :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Razgovory on March 29, 2012, 07:24:19 AM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on March 29, 2012, 02:25:49 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 29, 2012, 12:35:52 AM
Okay.  I was just curious.  Good for France. :)
but bad for europe.

Why is that?  Are the French going to come screaming over the borders invading every other country?

they've done it once, they might do it again. :p

Ed Anger

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 29, 2012, 11:53:50 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 29, 2012, 10:01:30 AM
Qu'un sang impur   
Abreuve nos sillons ![/b]?

Either my impure blood, or darkie towelheads. Their choice.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

KRonn