Exxon CEO - Global Warming Real, Humanity Should Just Man Up & Adapt

Started by jimmy olsen, July 01, 2012, 04:28:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Siege on July 01, 2012, 12:35:36 PM
He went to college, so yeah, another liberal leftwing ideologe, Timmay.

Of course anybody who says anything Siege doesn't agree with is a left wing ideologue to him.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

I would hate everybody but that is too much effort.  Instead I hate kids in my yard.

The bastards.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ideologue

Quote from: Valmy on July 01, 2012, 08:45:51 PM

Of course anybody who says anything Siege doesn't agree with is a left wing ideologue to him.

Am I?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on July 01, 2012, 08:45:51 PM

The US army has corrupted him.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 01, 2012, 04:28:54 AM
Just another leftwing ideologue, ain't he Hans.

No he's a CEO of an energy company that has made enormous investments in gas exploration and production.
That means he has an interest in promoting a regulatory and tax regime that treates gas more favorably than coal.  And that means he has an interest in promoting the view that global warming is an issue that should be addressed (which would imply support for cleaner burning natural gas vs. coal) but not in such a strong way as to require a carbon tax or serious action to reduce usage of all fossil views.  Which by very happy coincidence is exactly the view he is promoting.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson