No
2 (6.1%)
You should mount Jaron
9 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Solmyr

Josquius

I'm playing sword of damocles.
Some good stuff but I really don't see myself lasting the full year. The game always gets boring after taking a few castles and winning a few battles.
I like some things in it though.
Like ransoms being different for different levels of character, having parties following you(took me a while to figure that one out), etc...
And of course being the boss.

One thing I'd really like: the lance from the tournaments outside of them. Sure, a bit much to ask. But at least one that acts like it and kills intead of knocks out. Other lances tend to be rather hit and miss.
██████
██████
██████

Faeelin

I actually have no idea where to get lances as opposed to spears.

Valmy

Quote from: Faeelin on March 30, 2009, 09:10:00 AM
I actually have no idea where to get lances as opposed to spears.

Fight Khergits.  Their lancers drop them after battle sometimes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

I am trying to get a campaign started in the Native Expansion Mod.  The bandit groups are huge I simply cannot get enough recruits to fight them and when I do my men get massacred.

I need to hire mercs to get going don't I?  :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Iormlund

Quote from: Faeelin on March 30, 2009, 12:31:41 AM
By the way, has anyone tried the Eagle and the Radiant Cross?
I have. It's fairly good. There's more balance when it comes to armies thanks to pikemen formations and firearms. It's not just massive cavalry charges.

I don't like the Prussians, though, they kill the 16th mood.

Phillip V

Quote from: Tyr on March 30, 2009, 08:39:42 AM
Some good stuff but I really don't see myself lasting the full year. The game always gets boring after taking a few castles and winning a few battles.
Lucky for you, there will be an expansion to continue game replayability.

Solmyr

Quote from: Tyr on March 30, 2009, 08:39:42 AM
I'm playing sword of damocles.
Like ransoms being different for different levels of character, having parties following you(took me a while to figure that one out), etc...
And of course being the boss.

One thing I'd really like: the lance from the tournaments outside of them. Sure, a bit much to ask. But at least one that acts like it and kills intead of knocks out. Other lances tend to be rather hit and miss.

I've seen "knight lances" being sold in shops, sometimes. They are exactly like the tournament ones except with piercing damage. They seem to be somewhat rare though.

Solmyr

Quote from: Valmy on March 30, 2009, 09:15:03 AM
I am trying to get a campaign started in the Native Expansion Mod.  The bandit groups are huge I simply cannot get enough recruits to fight them and when I do my men get massacred.

I need to hire mercs to get going don't I?  :(

The mercs and bandits are bigger in that mod, but you can normally outrun them on your horse (just don't go into Khergit lands, steppe bandits will assrape you). Once you collect enough hold and can afford some mercs, you should have no problem crushing the bandit parties (merc parties are somewhat tougher).

Vise

I just got this game and i'm having a blast.. I was wondering if anyone knew where there was a current mod for the song of ice and fire series.. i see a couple for .960 but not the 1.xxx one.
Honey badger don't give a shit!

garbon

Quote from: Vise on April 19, 2009, 05:59:49 PM
I just got this game and i'm having a blast.. I was wondering if anyone knew where there was a current mod for the song of ice and fire series.. i see a couple for .960 but not the 1.xxx one.

Oh fuck off.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Iormlund

There's some talk about porting the old version to the new engine but I don't know how advanced (if any) that is.

I suggest you try Native Expansion and The Eagle and the Radiant Cross in the meantime.

HisMajestyBOB

I haven't played it much since I effectively binged on it for a month, but its still worth buying, especially if you can get it cheap.

The new expansion intrigues me as well. I look forward to sending arrows into the skulls of teenage losers while going full speed on horseback. :menace:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Vise

I've been enjoying my current game immensely.  Declared my support for the Swadians early and they have been at war with the nords and the rhodoks the whole time. I've got a party of 77 with 3 characters 35 swadian knights and some support troops.  Rhodoks dont' stand a chance against that many mounted men... I do have trouble with the nords at times however...but really those two countries don't tend to put out very many trained troops.
I am tired of my king not giving me any of the castles i take though...
Honey badger don't give a shit!

Faeelin

How are you taking castles with so few men?