News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Has the US economy finally turned the page?

Started by jimmy olsen, March 12, 2012, 06:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

200k + jobs for the third straight month. 227k this February and January and December were revised upwards to 223k and 284k respectively.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Let's wait and see if that can be sustained in the next few months, and built upon.  With the unemployment as high as it is, 200s may look impressive, but they won't get the job done.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

I don't like either.  They're really whiny.  Joe Walsh's ironic "Life's Been Good" is a nice counterpoint.  Pussy rock stars are intolerable.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)