News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What You Lose When You Sign That Donor Card

Started by garbon, March 09, 2012, 08:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Martinus on March 10, 2012, 04:14:21 AM
Giving away my organs to another person after I'm dead makes no sense. I mean, I will be dead. The world might just as well end for all I care.  :huh:
Typical Pole. You people are all a bunch of nihilist-solipsists.
PDH!

Razgovory

Giving away my organs to another person after I'm dead makes no sense. I mean, I will be dead. The world might just as well end for all I care.  :huh:

Reckon you should give them away now. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Quote from: The Brain on March 10, 2012, 06:17:06 AM
Quote from: garbon on March 10, 2012, 05:09:42 AM
Quote from: The Brain on March 10, 2012, 04:28:10 AM
I said on EUOT that it would be reasonable to get paid for your organs, but people were all "no, you can't do that" blah blah faggots.

I guess you thought Audrey Tautou did better in Dirty Pretty Things than Amelie? :rolleyes:

The who in the what now?

Yeah, I have no idea where garbo is going with that.  Maybe there's a part in Amelie where her kidneys are harvested?  I don't remember it, but it has been a while since I've seen it.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Iormlund

Quote from: garbon on March 10, 2012, 04:26:07 AMIf my brain stem isn't functioning but I still have some waves coming out of my upper brain, who gives a fuck? I don't really want to come back with a dead brain stem.

Yeah what the fuck is with that? Is he really arguing that he'd rather live entombed in his own body or what?

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on March 10, 2012, 12:29:43 PM
Quote from: The Brain on March 10, 2012, 06:17:06 AM
Quote from: garbon on March 10, 2012, 05:09:42 AM
Quote from: The Brain on March 10, 2012, 04:28:10 AM
I said on EUOT that it would be reasonable to get paid for your organs, but people were all "no, you can't do that" blah blah faggots.

I guess you thought Audrey Tautou did better in Dirty Pretty Things than Amelie? :rolleyes:

The who in the what now?

Yeah, I have no idea where garbo is going with that.  Maybe there's a part in Amelie where her kidneys are harvested?  I don't remember it, but it has been a while since I've seen it.

I once wanted to buy Amelie but they didn't have it at the store and I picked up Dirty Pretty Things. Unfortunately unlike a plucky romantic comedy, the latter has a significant part of its plot based on whether or not the poor should sell their organs to raise cash.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Iormlund on March 10, 2012, 12:38:58 PM

Yeah what the fuck is with that? Is he really arguing that he'd rather live entombed in his own body or what?

Doesn't all of us live entombed in our own bodies?   :(
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 10, 2012, 02:45:36 PM
Quote from: Iormlund on March 10, 2012, 12:38:58 PM

Doesn't all of us live entombed in our own bodies?   :(

Very. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Fate

Encouraging a system where people donate their organs so that others may live could end up helping you, unless you're immune to disease.

I hope you die on a waiting list, you worthless piece of shit.

Admiral Yi

Waiting list?  Are you a retard?  The guy lives in Eastern Europe.

MadImmortalMan

I'll donate all my organs if they will pay my wife the going rate for stolen Chinese black market people parts.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

HVC

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 12, 2012, 11:52:47 AM
I'll donate all my organs if they will pay my wife the going rate for stolen Chinese black market people parts.
that works until you're low on funds and the wife decides to off you for the organ money :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.