Mystery US Citizen Hostage Released In Iraq.

Started by mongers, March 17, 2012, 11:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Rather strange story emerging:

US hostage freed by Iraq militia after nine months

Published: 2:12PM Sunday March 18, 2012 Source: Reuters
Email this article
Print this article
Text size
+
-
Share on Twitter
Share on Facebook

Still image taken from video shows American former soldier Michaels on television wearing a US military uniform during a news conference in Baghdad - Source: Reuters

A militia loyal to Iraqi Shi'ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr has freed an American former soldier after holding him captive in Baghdad for nine months.

The American, identified as Randy Michael Hultz, was shown on television in a US military uniform with no insignia, flanked by two members of parliament from Sadr's movement, including the parliament's first deputy speaker.

He was handed over to the United Nations mission in Baghdad, which transferred him to the US embassy. Washington confirmed he was a US citizen but released no further details.

In brief remarks to Iraqi journalists hastily convened to witness his release, Hultz said he had deployed to Iraq in 2003 and initially served there as a soldier for 15 months.

He remained in Iraq "in a civilian capacity from then until June of 2011, when I was taken hostage by elements of Yom al-Maoud," he said, referring to the Promised Day Brigade, an offshoot of Sadr's Mehdi Army militia.

Rest of article here:

http://tvnz.co.nz/world-news/us-hostage-freed-iraq-militia-after-nine-months-4782056
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

jimmy olsen

I wonder why they decided to release him now?  :hmm:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 18, 2012, 06:06:53 PM

They have finally come to terms with fact that nobody is interested in paying for him.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Kleves

Quote from: Razgovory on March 18, 2012, 06:32:19 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 18, 2012, 06:06:53 PM
They have finally come to terms with fact that nobody is interested in paying for him.
I don't think that's how their business model works.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.