News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mage the Ascension AAR (plans)

Started by Martinus, May 04, 2009, 11:14:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on May 04, 2009, 11:20:18 AM
I loved the Mage setting - certainly my favourite World of Darkness setting.
The Technocracy was great.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on May 04, 2009, 03:18:57 PM

I know they were supposed to be the bad guys, but I had trouble seeing it that way...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Delirium

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

katmai

I was gonna say it will never get off the ground, hen i saw Marcin isn't running it, so might have a chance.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on May 04, 2009, 03:27:51 PM
I know they were supposed to be the bad guys, but I had trouble seeing it that way...
That was common in a lot of White Wolf settings.  The Technocracy, the Wyrm, the Antediluvians.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on May 04, 2009, 03:27:51 PM
Quote from: Neil on May 04, 2009, 03:18:57 PM

Oh come on now, I think they are perfectly villainous. They stand for all that is evil in the world: uniformity, conformity, authoritarianism, organized religion, security instead of freedom, anti-individualism. On the other hand, the Council stands for freedom, individuality, self-expression, diversity, self-development and creativity - everything that is good in the world.

I have always liked Mage more than any other WoD setting exactly because of that - sticking it up to the Technocracy is sweeter than anything else.  :cool:

Martinus

Quote from: katmai on May 04, 2009, 03:49:59 PM
I was gonna say it will never get off the ground, hen i saw Marcin isn't running it, so might have a chance.
:lol:

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2009, 04:26:41 PM
Oh come on now, I think they are perfectly villainous. They stand for all that is evil in the world: uniformity, conformity, authoritarianism, organized religion, security instead of freedom, anti-individualism.
None of those things are inherently evil.  Hell, you've railed in favour of 'security instead of freedom' many a time.

Galrion

Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2009, 01:10:23 PM
That being said, I successfully ran Amber Diceless for several months in the past and it was a great experience - and this game is just crazy when it comes to the opportunities player have.

Wow, I had that game and I never could find anyone interested in playing it.