News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

SimCity 5

Started by Tonitrus, March 08, 2012, 09:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 05, 2013, 08:26:09 AM
Why is Syt building labor camps on my side of the map?  Is that why my population is dropping?

Disconnect your railways with his and build a huge wall between his side of the city and yours.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

Tamas has built a giant beet farm. Where is the commercial zone? Why are all my cars being stolen?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 05, 2013, 08:28:13 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 05, 2013, 08:26:09 AM
Why is Syt building labor camps on my side of the map?  Is that why my population is dropping?

Disconnect your railways with his and build a huge wall between his side of the city and yours.

He took all my trains.  At least all the cattle cars.

FunkMonk

SimLanguish would be a hoot. At least until everyone starts griefing each other.

Ed Anger

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 05, 2013, 08:32:12 AM
SimLanguish would be a hoot. At least until everyone starts griefing each other.

I'd do that from the very start.

FunkMonk

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 05, 2013, 08:32:12 AM

Embargo On! Who run Barter Town?  Master Blaster run Barter Town!

Ed Anger

My little sim gangs would lynch Mart's SimFags.

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 05, 2013, 08:39:59 AM
My little sim gangs would lynch Mart's SimFags.

Well that's what I was wondering. Would there be some way to weed out women and children?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

The thing is, SimCity gained its reputation as single player game. I don't think many people playing/loving the predecessors went, "I wish this had multiplayer!"

The idea of having interconnected cities feeding off of each other is fascinating, but if it means your game enjoyment is at the mercy of the folks you're playing with (who may grief you, or just plain drop from the game for whatever reason) then something feels off.

Unsure how this will develop, but my guess is that a small core group of players will form a community, and that the game will become as much a mainstay of gaming as Spore was. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Ed Anger

your bathhouse has been firebombed
your bathhouse has been firebombed!

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 05, 2013, 08:43:56 AM
your bathhouse has been firebombed!

Oh don't be silly, sweetie. We don't have to congregate in bathhouses anymore. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

It was rather 80's of me,wasn't it?  :P

Syt

The city in front show how much space you have for your cities. The one beyond the river is a different player's city.

—Stephen Jay Gould