British couple murders boy suspected of witchcraft

Started by Martinus, March 08, 2012, 03:36:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 08, 2012, 06:47:40 AM
Quote from: Brazen on March 08, 2012, 05:17:07 AMTo be fair they were originally from DR of Congo, this wasn't a Church of England exorcism.
'The power of Christ persuades you!  Please.'
:lol:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

fhdz

Quote from: Viking on March 08, 2012, 06:55:43 AM
End religion and all spiritual ideas. That will resolve this issue.

I guess we have to end money, too, because a lot of people murder people for money. And relationships - gotta end those too, because when they go sour sometimes someone gets murdered.

Good idea, Viking. I applaud your clearly well-thought-out notion of having people avoid doing anything in order to resolve the issue of undeserved murder.
and the horse you rode in on

DGuller

Quote from: fahdiz on March 08, 2012, 06:16:10 PM

I guess we have to end money, too, because a lot of people murder people for money. And relationships - gotta end those too, because when they go sour sometimes someone gets murdered.

Good idea, Viking. I applaud your clearly well-thought-out notion of having people avoid doing anything in order to resolve the issue of undeserved murder.
Are you being sarcastic, fahdiz?

OttoVonBismarck

How do we know the boy wasn't practicing witchcraft?

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on March 08, 2012, 06:38:39 AM
Quote from: Brazen on March 08, 2012, 05:17:07 AM
Quote from: Martinus on March 08, 2012, 03:36:48 AM
Wow, and I thought Brits are civilized people.
To be fair they were originally from DR of Congo, this wasn't a Church of England exorcism.

How racist of you to point that out.

:huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

Quote from: Neil on March 08, 2012, 08:24:46 AM
On the other hand, the cure would be worse than the disease.

Without God there is no problem of Evil and no need to explain deleterious situations with malevolent agency.
Without magic those claiming to be subject to malevolent agency cannot claim magic as the solution to his cognitive dissonance explaining how the malevolent agency performed it's evil acts.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

MadImmortalMan

You crazy Europeans and your religious fundamentalism.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on March 08, 2012, 07:06:16 PM
Quote from: Neil on March 08, 2012, 08:24:46 AM
On the other hand, the cure would be worse than the disease.

Without God there is no problem of Evil and no need to explain deleterious situations with malevolent agency.
Without magic those claiming to be subject to malevolent agency cannot claim magic as the solution to his cognitive dissonance explaining how the malevolent agency performed it's evil acts.

So they stated a different reason for killing him?  What good does that do?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: fahdiz on March 08, 2012, 06:16:10 PM

He hates religion.  He's a bigot.  What he says doesn't need to make sense.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

I wonder how originally they are from the Congo.
Were they just born there but brought up in Britain or did they just come over a few years ago?
If the former.....wow.....Holy poo.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on March 08, 2012, 08:48:39 PM
I wonder how originally they are from the Congo.

Maybe they're Belgians with worse accents.

jimmy olsen

Most shammanistic belief systems don't really have a God.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 08, 2012, 08:53:17 PM

CdM's Cat Spirit is going to barf a divine hairball on you rug.  :mad:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 08, 2012, 09:18:03 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 08, 2012, 08:53:17 PM

CdM's Cat Spirit is going to barf a divine hairball on you rug.  :mad:

What Seedy's Cat Spirit might look like....

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive